Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Picked up a used Glock today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • highpower
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2012
    • 5333

    Picked up a used Glock today

    Won the auction for this Gen2 G17L on Gonebroker the other day and was able to go down and get it this morning. I have been looking for either a Gen1 that I could afford (good luck with that) or a Gen2 G17L in decent condition for a little while now but up until recently I haven't had much luck.

    This particular one struck my fancy because it was still in it's original Tupperware box along with the owners manual and original magazines. According to the label on the box, it shipped with factory adjustable sights and a 3.5lb trigger.









    MLC member.

    Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Dumocraps suck balls.
  • #2
    FNGGlock
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2020
    • 1289

    Sweet!!! Still looks like it is great shape.
    Let us know how it shoots.

    Funny how the Gen5 started going back to the same design pattern with 1 pin and no finger grooves.

    Comment

    • #3
      Lonestargrizzly
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2015
      • 6504

      Gen 2’s are basically perfect, although the light rail is a great addition.

      Comment

      • #4
        plumbum
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2010
        • 5394

        Wow, great find! Congrats!
        Originally posted by ysr_racer
        Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

        Comment

        • #5
          OCEquestrian
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2017
          • 6905

          Almost collectable... Gen 2 Combat Tupperware...
          "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

          Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

          NRA life member
          SAF life member
          CRPA member

          Comment

          • #6
            M76
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2014
            • 5953

            Noice!

            Looks like a tupperware tack driver!
            sigpic
            Originally posted by dunndeal
            Stop digging.
            Originally posted by BrassCase
            I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
            iTrader

            https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

            Comment

            • #7
              Spyder
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 17280

              Nice! I've been wanting a 17L or maybe a ...is it a 24? for a while, but never see them for prices I want to pay in locations I am at. Good buy!

              Comment

              • #8
                Echidin
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 3072

                Nice find. I haven’t seen a G17L in a good while.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Like2fly
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2018
                  • 575

                  Am I the only one that wants to know what you paid for it ?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Wordupmybrotha
                    From anotha motha
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 6965

                    So...umm... are you going to stipple it?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      9Cal_OC
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2019
                      • 6704

                      Originally posted by Like2fly
                      Am I the only one that wants to know what you paid for it ?
                      Some of us don’t like2fly too close to the sun by asking OP what he bought it for.

                      I’d be curious as well but OP didn’t disclose it in his original post, not sure if would there on after.
                      Freedom isn't free...

                      sigpic

                      iTrader

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Milsurp1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • 3091

                        I looked up the completed auction. Not an unfair price for such a rare item.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          highpower
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2012
                          • 5333

                          Originally posted by Wordupmybrotha
                          So...umm... are you going to stipple it?
                          LOL. I wasn't, but then I saw some of the examples pictured in the Glock 19 post and I thought, why not? Actually not just no, but h*ll no.

                          There is another 17L that has been relisted many times on GB with no buyer. It is a first gen that has had the poo stippled out of the grip. The seller still wants a good dollar for it ($2000), but I don't see it selling anytime soon, or ever for that matter, for that much money. That is a perfect example of why you are better off leaving things alone. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

                          Milsurp1 did find out what I paid and I am not ashamed to post it, I paid $940 plus shipping, tax and transfer fee. Certainly not a screaming deal, but on the low side of the average price for a Gen2 G17L with all the bits and bobs it came with except for the cleaning rod and brush. In addition, while this one has been shot, it still looks nearly brand new. I usually prefer to buy face to face, but none have come up locally in the last several years. Sometimes if you want something you just have to belly up to the bar and spend the money.

                          Speaking of which, I have never really understood the fascination with folks wanting to know what someone else paid for a particular gun. It is somewhat immaterial as the prices of used and collectable firearms can vary quite a bit depending on condition and when/where you buy it.

                          I was about ready to break down and get a Gen3, but I like the svelte look of the early frames and I don't have a weapon light, nor do I feel that a long slide gun is ever going to take the place of my current bedside piece which, IMO, would be the only reason to have a light attached to a pistol

                          I said in the past that I don't collect Glocks, but I may have to retract that statement as I seem to be drawn towards the early guns and while I am not actively looking for any particular model, if I see one that is fairly priced, I will usually pick it up. That is how I wound up with my Gen1 G17 a few weeks ago and my P80 before that



                          Last edited by highpower; 08-05-2021, 7:45 AM.
                          MLC member.

                          Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

                          Dumocraps suck balls.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            s7tech
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2020
                            • 13

                            All 3 are nice finds.
                            Congratulations.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              TrailerparkTrash
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 4249

                              Great find!!!!
                              sigpic

                              It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                              -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1