Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Star 9mm SA magazines?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brandon04GT
    In Memoriam
    • Feb 2011
    • 3016

    Star 9mm SA magazines?

    A family member of mine who isn't super gun saavy has an old Star 9mm SA pistol. He only has one magazine for it and is looking to get extras. He told me that he tried ordering a couple online but one was "too big" and the other one was "too small".

    I don't know too much about these pistols other than they are 1911 style on the outside but very different on the inside. I had thought there was a chance that 9mm 1911 magazines would work for it but they do not.

    I had him send me some photos including the one magazine that IS correct for it. I am wondering if you guys can tell me exactly what type of Star 9mm SA model this is and where I can get spare mags?


    Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • #2
    MuayThaiJJ
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2020
    • 1333

    Look for Triple K mags on eBay and Gunbroker


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
    Diablo Rod and Gun Club
    03-FFL and COE Holder
    CMAT GMAU

    Comment

    • #3
      Che762x39
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 4538

      Originally posted by Brandon04GT
      A family member of mine who isn't super gun saavy has an old Star 9mm SA pistol. He only has one magazine for it and is looking to get extras.
      I remember the Star 9mm from 40+ years ago. I doubt your family member shoots a lot because those things did not run well with hollow points. (looks like he has Winchester Silvertips which was popular before the FBI Miami Shootout of 1986) I am guessing they just inherited it or received the pistol recently from another family member.

      One magazine is all you need for that HD gun that only comes out when they hear that strange noise at oh dark thirty.

      If they want to get into shooting direct them towards a Glock 19.
      Last edited by Che762x39; 07-15-2021, 4:46 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        L-2
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2007
        • 1335

        For Post_1,
        Go to this website for further research:


        Determine exactly what 9mm caliber the subject pistol is, whether 9mm Parabellum, 9mm Largo, or something else.
        (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

        Comment

        • #5
        • #6
          I Swan
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 8770

          Probably a Star B if chambered in 9mm Parabellum. Don't use Triple K magazines if at all possible. eBay probably has magazines that are original.

          Comment

          • #7
            SkyHawk
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2012
            • 23531

            What is the series letter on the heel of the grip?
            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

            Comment

            • #8
              Verdha603
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2019
              • 882

              Agreed with SkyHawk; check the heel of the grip, behind the magazine well; there should be a letter or pair of letters there to indicate the model.

              From the pictures I would say it most likely is a Star Model B; you'll have to check Ebay for magazines, and have the magazine you have on hand to physically compare to the pictures; due to a large number of Star Model BM's that were imported a couple years ago its a frequent issue that people post a Star pistol magazine for sale and label it a "Model B" magazine, when in reality it's a Model BM magazine.

              Comment

              • #9
                Robert1234
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2006
                • 3080

                I have one of those guns, sans the lanyard ring/MSH pin. Got it on Calguns, came with two mags. Never have shot it, for no specific reason other than most of my shooting is at USPSA or other action pistol type matches.

                Seems like a pretty well built gun, though I was told not to dry fire it as that would immediately (or shortly thereafter) damage the firing pin, and they're expensive to replace. Not sure how true that is, though I've never dry fired it.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1