Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Address change on dros form

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dynamic
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 819

    Address change on dros form

    Hey guys,

    I am going to be purchasing a handgun shortly but i think i might have an issue with the proof of residency.

    I usually use my passport + some sort of bill or car registration as proof of residence but the issue is I sold my house / closed escrow about a month and a half ago, currently living in a temp place ( 2 months) and i will close escrow on my new house mid July.

    I have not changed my address with CA / DMV as i was waiting until we purchased a new home. I only changed my address for mail forwarding purposes with the USPS.

    Since with CA i still live at my old home. Will my passport / CDL / car registration still be valid ?
  • #2
    P5Ret
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 6391

    Passport does not work for proof of residency. It works to prove citizenship in lieu of a "RealID".

    I'd suggest waiting until you have moved into the new place before buying anything new. Doing that will also create the proper entry into AFS, so you can purchase ammo down the road, without extra steps to have something in AFS linked to your new address.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1