Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

124gr. .380acp ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Madpyro
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jun 2011
    • 1368

    124gr. .380acp ammo?

    Any one ever heard of this? Seems a bit heavy for 380.
    Ammo Inc 380 Auto 124gr TMC-FP 500rd Range Pack .
    sigpic94th ENGR. BN. USAEUR 75-78 / N.R.A. Life Member / SASS / Mineral County SAR
  • #2
    12pewpew
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2019
    • 1338

    Probably subsonic at that weight.

    Comment

    • #3
      saudadeii
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2012
      • 3468

      Someone on another forum asked about this.

      The Ammo Inc. site does not list this load.

      At standard pressures, Even 90gr is subsonic
      My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

      Comment

      • #4
        smle-man
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2007
        • 10606

        That going to be recoil+

        Comment

        • #5
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          That’ll be good suppressed 380 ammo.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #6
            robert101
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1997

            The heaviest I go is 100 grains in a .380 bullet for my 380 guns. Did you find The 124 grainers are typically a 9 MM bullet.

            Comment

            • #7
              Beelzy
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2008
              • 9225

              Heaviest I've gone is Sierra 115gr jhp. The cases bulge a little at that weight, I can only imagine the bulge with 124gr pills.
              "I kill things for a living, don't make yourself one of them"

              Comment

              • #8
                deadcoyote
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 4002

                Originally posted by 12pewpew
                Probably subsonic at that weight.
                I think even normal .380 is subsonic, part of the reason why they made mac machine pistols in that chambering, for suppressing purposes.
                Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Madpyro
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 1368

                  Supposed to be 770 fps. At $289 for 500, free shipping, I went for it. We will see!
                  sigpic94th ENGR. BN. USAEUR 75-78 / N.R.A. Life Member / SASS / Mineral County SAR

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1