Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I cant decide witch 1911 to get. Help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pistolwhipped
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 374

    I cant decide witch 1911 to get. Help!

    I have picked out two 1911s that I would love to have. One is a smith and wesson and the other is a sig 1911 with the nitron.

    They are both so beautiful that I have literally been looking at each one over and over for about a week. I cant decide.

    Please tell me out of these two witch one you like the best and why.

    Thanks guys
    Attached Files
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
    -Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President
  • #2
    M47_Dragon
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 1263

    I like the Smith, well, because I have one (less the laser grips) and I love it.

    Hard to vote against a Sig, though I hear their 1911s aren't quite in the same league with their other guns... but take it with a grain of salt - it's hearsay. I have seen others say they love their GSRs.

    Would you consider the SW1911DK? I have one of those as well and it's a beaut!
    Originally posted by bigbob76
    I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

    Comment

    • #3
      gadjeep
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 1942

      I love my SIG GSR TTT. Crazy accurate and good lookin' too!
      STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE! SCOPE RINGS, Man CAVE FRIDGE, ETC
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...30#post7299330
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=487541

      STUFF I WANT TO BUY! Glock 20, Marlin model 39

      Comment

      • #4
        JTROKS
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 13093

        I love my GSR TTT. It's very accurate and reliable.
        The wise man said just find your place
        In the eye of the storm
        Seek the roses along the way
        Just beware of the thorns...
        K. Meine

        Comment

        • #5
          phamkl
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 551

          S&W has more classic lines. One thing I like the best about the 1911 aesthetics is that it features a clean but formidable shape. The Sig has the lightening cut in it that adds too much for me. I also don't like when serrations are that far apart. I would rather have the front serrations than the Sig serrations.

          I would love a Sig, but 1911's ought to be pretty, too.

          Comment

          • #6
            Black Majik
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 9695

            Flip a coin. Schwartz safety for heads, Series 80 for tails.

            Comment

            • #7
              ERdept
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Apr 2009
              • 4698

              M47: I know you said you liked you KD version, but how has it functioned.

              This is supposed to be more accurate, as in for competition, how does it cycle and feed?

              Does it need new rounds all the time or can it eat range reloads?

              Comment

              • #8
                M47_Dragon
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1263

                Originally posted by ERdept
                M47: I know you said you liked you KD version, but how has it functioned.

                This is supposed to be more accurate, as in for competition, how does it cycle and feed?

                Does it need new rounds all the time or can it eat range reloads?

                It has functioned flawless for me. I rarely put range reloads through her, but it has digested all factory ammo I've tried and my own reloads - mostly my own reloads.

                Not sure if the gun is designed to be "more accurate" as the Smith people will tell you, most of the differences between the DK and other plain-jane SW1911s are mostly aesthetic. I do happen to shoot it better than my plain SW1911 and I am not sure why - the sights maybe?

                I replaced the flat trigger because I didn't like it, had a trigger job done and put a fiber optic front sight on it.
                Originally posted by bigbob76
                I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Miltiades
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1149

                  Sig

                  I'd get the one without front cocking serrations and laser grip. That would be the Sig.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    forgiven
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 5214

                    Originally posted by Miltiades
                    I'd get the one without front cocking serrations and laser grip. That would be the Sig.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      PutTogether
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 2370

                      add me to the list of people that have Sig 1911s and think they are awesome. Mine is flawless and eats anything. I have a bunch of other 1911s, but none as reliable as the SIG.

                      Depending on what you are buying the gun for though, reliability may not mean as much. My Sig 1911 is what sits in my nightstand at night, so for me its flawless reliability is of paramount importance.

                      Mine is stainless, but I think the nitron looks better
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        catnipper
                        Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 308

                        save up and buy a Wilson, you will never regret it...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Pistolwhipped
                          Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 374

                          Thanks for all the input guys. I know the sig is better out of the two, the only reason i picked these two is they are in my price range of 1000 and the only reason the smith is in that range is because of the lazer grips. without those I believe its around 700. The sig according to the guys at the shop is a nail driver but the smith has a lot of the accesories that I would want already. Like a different trigger, hammer, lazer and it is probably very close in accuracy. I think unless someone can come up with a reason why not to I'm gonna go with the sig.
                          "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
                          -Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Pistolwhipped
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 374

                            I agree. Your sig looks awesome and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Everytime I ask someone at the shop about it they have nothing but praise but when I ask about the smith they say well it a good gun and the lazer is kinda cool if you like that but its no sig! So I think i'm sold on the sig. Thanks man.


                            Originally posted by PutTogether
                            add me to the list of people that have Sig 1911s and think they are awesome. Mine is flawless and eats anything. I have a bunch of other 1911s, but none as reliable as the SIG.

                            Depending on what you are buying the gun for though, reliability may not mean as much. My Sig 1911 is what sits in my nightstand at night, so for me its flawless reliability is of paramount importance.

                            Mine is stainless, but I think the nitron looks better
                            "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
                            -Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1