Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Want a replacement for dad's 357

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AndrewD
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 6

    Want a replacement for dad's 357

    My dad's .357 that he willed to me has sadly never found it's way into my possession. Rather than deal with that drama anymore, I want to get a replacement of the same make, model, and era. I'll just convince myself that my dad's gun broke and couldn't be fixed or something...

    He bought it in the early '70s. I don't have a picture of it. It was a double-action Colt with a 6" barrel, and walnut grips. I know it wasn't a python or anything like rare that. I'm sure Colt made a million of them. I can't remember the model number. When I know that, I can start trolling the classifieds.

    Thanks for the help.
  • #2
    MR.R
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 536

    go to gunbroker look at the colt revolvers till u find that 1
    silver bullets with a wood core dipped in pork... I'm ready for armageddon!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      elSquid
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2007
      • 11844

      Colt Trooper?

      -- Michael

      Comment

      • #4
        dfletcher
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 14811

        Originally posted by elSquid
        Colt Trooper?

        -- Michael
        Would seem so. Finding a Trooper Mk III in CA is kind of tough though. They do come up, I've seen a few recently and the go from OK price of $500.00 on up.
        GOA Member & SAF Life Member

        Comment

        • #5
          ojisan
          Agent 86
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2008
          • 11781

          Hmmm...anything like this seem familiar?
          Check pg 3 carefully, info about .357 there.
          Also there was that cheaper-lockwork-and-finish MK3 mentioned but I don't think that many were sold, just as this article says.

          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1