Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Wilson Combat Glock triggers?
Collapse
X
-
I don't change stuff on my guns, but see also Timney - https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-com...glock-gen-3-4/ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good! -
I have changed Glock triggers in the past, only to be disappointed, either unreliable or mostly dangerous, very dangerous. Glocks are engineered the way they are for a reason. What do you really get as a benefit to modify a Glock?Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/Comment
-
Charlie Vanek or Johnny Glock are your Glock trigger upgrade sources.
(Edit added later - The trigger kits suggested above are for competition or range use only. For carry or defense stock is the way to go.)Last edited by midvalleyshooter; 01-24-2021, 1:56 PM.Comment
-
Try the 3.5lb spring before you pay a lot more.WTB 3rd Gen SW also looking for a 22 pistol with 6" bbl or longerComment
-
from reading the product information you really are only buying a neat Trigger shoe.
Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!
*********
Unmodified trigger bar maintains factory safety values
*********Before there was Polymer there was Accuracy.Comment
-
that one looks safe doesn't lower trigger weight pull, the competition model that Librarian linked to uses 3lb set up. When I put the Johnny Glock in mine I would get a lot of doubles, extremely dangerous. Also it didn't make me shoot any faster or more accurate. I view most of these triggers as extremely dangerous snake oil. That being said, competition shooters may have a use for them and my bet is they only make a fraction of a second difference and only for the top tier shooters.from reading the product information you really are only buying a neat Trigger shoe.
Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!
*********
Unmodified trigger bar maintains factory safety values
*********Last edited by Hunt; 01-23-2021, 7:44 PM.Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/Comment
-
. 
You get an ugly imperfection with a band aid on it.
If a $500 gun has such a sucky trigger that needs a $200 gadget to bring it up to par, that is the signs of what not buy.
Glock trigger system sucks. After market products sold in the name of improvements to said system makes it a modified sucky trigger. Not a good trigger.!!Comment
-
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with the trigger swap. The one thing I hate about Glocks is the trigger shoe. After long shooting sessions on colder days, the trigger shoe and safety bites into the finger. I swapped all of my Glocks to Overwatch's PolyDat trigger. It comes with the flat shoe and a polished trigger bar assembled. It also slightly reduces pre-travel. It does not alter trigger pull weights. I am fine with stock pull weights. The only exception is my G30 which for some reason had a felt heavier weight, so I did swap in a 3.5lb Ghost Edge Connector, but this is the only one of my Glocks with this mod. All of them do have the Overwatch trigger though, including the G30.
$60
Comment
-
I just installed a Timney Alpha trigger in my G23. I have yet to test it. That said, I believe that the Timney trigger will be well received.
Background:
As many know, the trigger bar in the Glock system serves multiple purposes. First, when the trigger is pulled, the little "dingus" on the front part of the bar disengages the striker block. Second, that flat little piece of metal on the rear of the trigger that extends through the ejector housing SHOULD provide a drop safety. Third, when activated, the trigger finishes cocking the striker and ultimately travels past the area of the drop safety, disengaging it, drops into the recess in the ejector housing and fires the pistol. Whew. That's a lot of crap going on. And that is why the Glock trigger system sucks.
The weights and friction just keep on stacking up. It takes force to disengage the spring loaded striker block. It takes force to cock the striker spring. It takes force to cause the striker to disengage from the end of the trigger bar.
To combat these forces, companies have traditionally lightened the springs (plunger and striker), coated the moving parts with lower coefficient of friction materials like TiN or NiBN, and changes the trigger geometries to shorten the LOP. Some of these changes can be dangerous. Some aftermarket triggers change the geometry so much that they entirely disengage the drop safety. Lightning the plunger spring can cause it to remain depressed and not act as a safety - especially if it gets gunked up with brass, powder debris, oil or a combination thereof. Lightening the striker spring can cause light strikes. From what I've seen while installing the Timney trigger, it addresses all of these issues.
Timney Trigger:
The Timney trigger retains all of the stock Glock upper parts. So, the stock plunger spring and striker springs remain stock. So, how can Timney keep the stock striker spring and obtain a 3 lb pull weight? Through sheer genius IMO.
The Timney trigger system retains the stock ejector less the trigger return spring. It adds a drop in spring loaded "sear" system into the ejector housing. This sear captures the striker bar when the slide is activated. The shooter no longer has to cock the gun while pulling the trigger, so the trigger pull is reduced.
The Timney trigger bar retains the drop safety feature and has a "dingus" to deactivate the plunger safety. It also adds a trigger return spring that provides a positive recocking effort. As you pull the trigger, the trigger bar travels backward against the sear. Because the trigger bar is captured in the slot for the drop safety, it pushes down on the sear while it travels backward, eventually disengaging it. The trigger pull is smooth, without a wall and has a positive reset.
Potential failures. Timney states that it has put 10,000 rounds through the system without any failures. As I stated, I have not put any rounds through my gun yet, so I can't comment on that. The areas that I see that could potentially fail are the attachment to ejector housing and the sear spring.
There is small allen screw that is intended to hold the sear housing in the ejector housing. There is minimal contact between said screw and the housing. At least on my gun. So, this may come loose. But I'm not sure what, if any, effect this would have on the gun's performance.
The second potential issue I could see is if the sear spring weakened or broke. Again, though, I'm not sure what effect, if any, this would have on the gun's performance.
Overall, I like the design, execution and performance of the Timney trigger in my G23. I do not have a trigger gauge, but I seriously doubt that my trigger pull is 3 lbs. It's more like 4-4.5 lbs. There is no wall. So, unlike some Glock triggers, there is no gun movement when the trigger breaks. The break is clean and repeatable. The reset is positive. It's a novel approach to a 30+ YO problem.Comment
-
So, again, what are we trying to accomplish upgrading the trigger? [emoji848][emoji19]
And ask yourself if that is with the $$$
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProComment
-
Putting in a Glock OEM minus connector and then doing the 25 cent trigger job will make a significant improvement. I recommend doing that first before buying any aftermarket parts.Originally posted by G. Michael HopfHard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,334
Posts: 25,146,931
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 27946 users online. 113 members and 27833 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment