Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best 9mm 1911?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JC2020
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 821

    Best 9mm 1911?

    I've been researching 1911s lately, and the favorite 1911 thread has been very helpful. I realize many will consider a 1911 that isn't a .45 blasphemy, but I've gotten interested in 9mm subset of 1911s, and wanted to know what the collective CG experience is, especially since 9mm 1911s seem to be growing in popularity.

    Major 1911 manufacturers/gunsmiths, including STI/Staccato, SV Infinity, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Customs, Rock Island Armory, and Springfield Armory, among others, all have a 9mm option.

    Do you have a favorite 9mm 1911? 2011? Let's not be constrained by the roster in this thread; maybe it will be available via PPT. Staccatos in particular seem to be regularly sold in the CG Marketplace. Say there's no budget limit so every option is available. What's the best 9mm 1911/2011?

    I'm definitely getting a .45 1911, thanks to Mr. Blue's thread. But maybe one in 9mm, too...
  • #2
    phdo
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2010
    • 3870

    Last edited by phdo; 10-15-2020, 11:17 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      eternoplacer
      Member
      • Nov 2013
      • 330

      The only 1911 in 9mm that I have is a Smith and Wesson Performance Center, Pro Series.
      I was lucky enough to score this one a while back, it is not on the California roster, too bad because it is a very nice and accurate pistol.

      Comment

      • #4
        G.O.D.
        Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 179

        I have Kimbers and Springfields all in 9mm. My Favorites are, Springfield Compact and Kimber Pro Carry ll in 38 Super with a Fitted 9mm Barrel. My 45s are DW and Modified Springfield A1. Love them all. 45s are just to Hard on My Arthritic Hands.

        Comment

        • #5
          naz
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2020
          • 3108

          , the brands you listed gave a super wide price spread. SVI is like $6k or something and you could knock a zero off that price for rock island.

          What’s your budget?

          IMHO atlas Titan is a good one to add to your list to research

          Also, I guess traditionalist want 45acp, but just imho, if you want some more stopping power than 9mm, how about a 10mm ?

          Comment

          • #6
            slayer61
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2014
            • 1402

            My 9mm 1911 is a 2nd hand SA. It has been flawless from day one. If I bring a new shooter to the range, we bring the 9mm 1911. Very easy to shoot well.
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
            Paul

            Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member


            Bobby Sands

            Comment

            • #7
              M76
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2014
              • 5953

              WC, Les Baer, or Ed Brown would be my top choices if not for the God forsaken
              CA roster and premium prices/lack of availability. Stacking deep or reloading is
              a must with any 9mm pistol, but these 9mm 1911's have voracious appetites

              my SA Loaded 9mm 1911 is a lot of fun to shoot.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by dunndeal
              Stop digging.
              Originally posted by BrassCase
              I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
              iTrader

              https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

              Comment

              • #8
                Pretty fly for a Cabinetguy
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2016
                • 4375

                Good luck finding one...

                My Loaded has been excellent. 8-9k thru it and only one FTF...

                I put a Dawson FO sight on the front...clean it occasionally and shoot the snot outa it. Very easy fun gun to shoot...lifetime warranty.
                Wilson Protector .45, Springer 9mm Loaded, Franchi Instinct SL .12ga. and some other cool stuff for the kiddos...

                Comment

                • #9
                  Peahi2
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2018
                  • 818

                  I would want a les Baer and a Springfield professional in 9mm.... in a non-roster, alternate universe.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    redhemi
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 2966

                    My first and favorite is my slightly worked over Springfield target 9mm. It's fun to shoot, lite recoil and more accurate than I will ever be. I also have a SA RO operator stock nice shooter, Ro Champion with a couple of changes nice shooter. I have a SA lite weight 45 frame that I had Fusion install their 6" longslide 9mm on and it would be my second favorite shooter. I have a SA EMP 3" and I call it my little double tap machine. I have two RIs both full rail 4 & 5" the 4" great shooter the 5" I put a 9mm top end on a 45 frame runs ok just needs some fine tuning. Last but not least I have a Canadian Para Ordinance P18-9 double stack and it would be my third favorite shooter. I would love to add a STI 2011 to my collection but I would like to shoot one first to make sure I will like it. Also I wouldn't mind a Les Baer in 9mm if it shoots anything like the Premiere II 45 I just picked up. I have had a small number of other 1911s over the years that I was excited to get but soon was disappointed in one way or another and sold off. My suggestion is if you can try before you buy.
                    Last edited by redhemi; 11-05-2020, 7:15 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CWL
                      Senior Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 1488

                      Springfield Loaded because it comes with all the basic upgrades you'd want done to a M1911. Shoot it to get a feel for it and then you'd know what else needs upgrading, customization -or you may decide that you're happy with it as-is.
                      Vae Victis

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dilbert40
                        Junior Member
                        • Apr 2016
                        • 96

                        9mm 1911 is not my favorites. So just sharing my experiences.

                        +1 on SA 1911-A1 Loaded with target rear sight 9mm -- roaster version
                        All metal soft shooting. Almost too easy. Very accurate.


                        Kimber Pro Carry - 9mm -- 4 inch - off roaster. Some how I could get back on target much faster with this than SA. Also very accurate (9 out of 10 on tin can at 40 yard) and refined.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SkyHawk
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 23531

                          You can buy an on-roster Nighthawk and send it back for conversion to 9mm with included express turnaround service for CA.

                          I have a couple Nighthawks in 9mm but my favorite is probably the Wilson Tac Elite, I have factory fitted 9mm and 38 Super barrels for it.



                          Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-15-2020, 2:28 PM.
                          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            The Good Doc
                            Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 221

                            I've got my eye on a Kimber Micro 9 for a summertime Carry. They're tiny and easy to conceal during those hot summer months here in South Carolina. A lot of people rave about the 1911 platform, I've never owned one though. They're usually too rich for my blood, but the Micro 9 is priced around $500.

                            A lot of people will claim a locked n cocked 1911 is safer than a Glock or any other striker fired handgun, like I carry every day here in South Carolina. My lady is currently carrying a Walther PPQ and she wants something a bit smaller, so we are debating an FN 503 vs. the Kimber Micro 9. In the end, we will get both, maybe sooner than later considering the possibility of a "kamala Administration with Joe Biden"....

                            Any of you 1911 guys, set me straight here. I have researched it and watched a ton of YouTube videos pro "locked n cocked" but I still have reservations about a hammer gun being carried in an inside the waistband holster. I worry about the cocked hammer catching on something and accidentally firing into my own leg, or into something else I don't wish to shoot.
                            Last edited by The Good Doc; 10-15-2020, 2:01 PM.
                            "There's still crime in the city, but it's good to be free"
                            - Neil Young

                            sigpic
                            Grand Theft Auto: Constitution

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              The Good Doc
                              Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 221

                              Edit: Double Post
                              "There's still crime in the city, but it's good to be free"
                              - Neil Young

                              sigpic
                              Grand Theft Auto: Constitution

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1