Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Beretta PX4 Storm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tundraman
    Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 185

    Beretta PX4 Storm

    I held one of these guns today and it felt cheap. I have read multiple reviews and they all seem to praise the gun. Has anyone here had a chance to handle or fire this gun? What is your opinion. I had it on my list of possible guns to try and possibly buy, but I am not sure after holding one today. Looking for feedback. Thanks.

    1926 Colt Pocket Positive .32 Police
    1949 Colt Positive .38 Police Special
    2006 Springfield XD .45 ACP Tactical
    2006 Kahr P9
    Multiple Long Guns
  • #2
    762cavalier
    NRA Training Counselor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2005
    • 3626

    Yeah I had the same impression. I got to hold one today too and if felt very plasticy(is that a word)

    Sorry T-man couldn't resist

    I've held airsoft guns that had a better feel to them than this pistol and the only way I would own one is if someone gave it to me(although I might then sell it to buy a real gun
    In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

    sigpic
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor

    Comment

    • #3
      C.G.
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 8250

      Actually I liked it except for the checkered grip, which I think would not be comfortable for me after a few rounds. Lunde seems to like it a lot:
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        slick_711
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 4400

        I'm not a huge fan of Berettas, but as far as Berettas go I'd actually say this one isn't bad. They went back to the rotating bolt design of the Cougar, which was a much more reliable and sturdier design than the 92FS. They (this is my opinion from handling it, I certainly haven't looked into their design thoughts) also seem to have taken quite a bit from the Glock.

        All the way down to the Glock take-down procedure, which is not significant but makes me laugh because Beretta's take-down procedure has been the same on most of their pistols for decades. Anyway, considering they returned to a stronger bolt design, and picked up a number of the features on the Glocks everyone praises as indestructable I don't see how this could be anything but a step up from the 92FS.

        I've only shot the PX4 briefly, it shot well, and the recoil was as manageable as any other 9MM, but I didn't shoot it enough to testify to it's long term reliability. The grip is very ergonomic and comfortable, and has interchangable back-straps like the Walther P99. It also looks quite a bit "cooler" than the Glock. In any case, I don't like the 92 anyway, so while I think this is a step up I won't be buying one.

        Comment

        • #5
          The Professional
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 821

          Originally posted by tundraman
          I held one of these guns today and it felt cheap. I have read multiple reviews and they all seem to praise the gun. Has anyone here had a chance to handle or fire this gun? What is your opinion. I had it on my list of possible guns to try and possibly buy, but I am not sure after holding one today. Looking for feedback. Thanks.

          I agree ^^^^^
          Thanks, Ernie


          Thomas Jefferson quotes (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)

          Comment

          • #6
            3GunFunShooter
            In Memoriam
            • Dec 2005
            • 2408

            I just bought one of the 9 mm for my house/ranch gun. The little lady likes it.
            It has about the best double action/single action on a stock gun I have tried.
            And I looked at all of the DA/SA's.
            Replaced my Ruger SP101 5 shot with it.
            Put 250 rounds through it, mixed HP, Ball, 115 gr. 124, 147. Not a problem.
            Put a TRL-2 Laser/light combo on it. Put another 100 rounds and worked fine.
            It has the adjustable back straps, nice for smaller hands.
            Only problem is trying to find a holster for the gun with light attached.
            This is going to be her's/mine nightstand gun/check the ranch gun.
            I use my XD and Glock with the rails for competitition and with trigger work done to those I would not use those for self defense. SHTF, hell yes.
            If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

            Comment

            • #7
              fred40
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 1845

              i personally own the 40 px4. i have fired about 600rds thru it and has not jammed once. accuracy is very good and comes with adjustable hand grip and standard night sight. it is also easy to clean, just like the glocks. If you like it go ahead and buy it its agood gun.

              Comment

              • #8
                icormba
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1826

                Originally posted by C.G.
                It looks kinda cool, but it's not on my "want to have" list... well, as long as I stay away from Dr. Lunde's pictures anyway.
                Chris
                http://www.m1garand.net

                Comment

                • #9
                  shonc99
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 552

                  Own one, prefer my SIG

                  I own one in 9mm and prefer my SIG 228 in a 40. The recoil is more 'snappy' which could be explained by the 9mm VS the 40, but the sig is heavier also. Another thing is that the barrel rotates something like 90 degrees to reduce recoil, but I'm not convinced of that.

                  The accuracy is ok, nothing to write home about. For those who like Beretta but don't like the cliche of a 92 or 94, this is a good gun. It is very smooth, not real wide and the adjustable backstrap is nice. Also, there are 17 round mags available (if legally able to own, DOJ!) but they are not interchangeable with other models.

                  While the recoil is more than my SIG, after a few hundred more rounds it should calm down, or perhaps Wolf may make a recoil spring that would fit.

                  HTH
                  Originally posted by randy
                  I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.
                  Originally posted by Walter Sobchak
                  "Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fn'g ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh[t DON"T FN'G ROLL!!"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Incitatus
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 755

                    I never had the occasion to fire a PX4, but I hadled one and was impressed by the rotating barrel trick. I believe it is actually designed to ensure reliable extraction of the empty case, not to reduce recoil.
                    Not a bad looking gun and feels OK in the hand.
                    However, didn't made me wish one for Christmas. There is another "plastic-fantastic" gun that stole my heart: the Stery M-A1

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      lunde
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1036

                      The Beretta Px4 Storm is an absolutely superb pistol. I own two of them, both 9mm versions. The only modifications one needs are genuine night sights (Trijicon now makes them), and the slim controls. The slim controls turns it into a G (decock-only) version. My first was an F (decock+safety) that is now a G by virtue of the slim controls, and my second was a G, and is still a G with the slim controls. It is one of the finest combat pistols I own. I absolutely cannot miss with this thing.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1