Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger only loads for 45colt question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Elgindy25
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 970

    Ruger only loads for 45colt question?

  • #2
    NoHeavyHitter
    Banned
    • Jul 2011
    • 2876

    Originally posted by Elgindy25
    My question is, can the vaquero handle the heavy loads like the blackhawks can?
    I very much doubt is as I spent a lot of time looking and waiting for a Vaquero in .44mag, and they never materialized..

    Comment

    • #3
      SG29736
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 1160

      Are you asking about the original larger framed Vaquero or the smaller frame New Vaquero?

      Comment

      • #4
        madmike88
        Member
        • May 2018
        • 351

        How hot are the loads in question?

        Comment

        • #5
          ARDude
          Veteran Member
          • May 2006
          • 2723

          Originally posted by NoHeavyHitter
          I very much doubt is as I spent a lot of time looking and waiting for a Vaquero in .44mag, and they never materialized..


          But it is built on the older Vaquero frame.
          Real-life Girls

          Comment

          • #6
            ARDude
            Veteran Member
            • May 2006
            • 2723

            Generally New model Vaquero's should not be shot with heavy loads. Older frame Vaquero's and Blackhawks are fine.
            Real-life Girls

            Comment

            • #7
              lastinline
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2014
              • 2364

              Ask Hamilton Bowen. He knows more about that product than Ruger does.

              Comment

              • #8
                Elgindy25
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2013
                • 970

                Originally posted by SG29736
                Are you asking about the original larger framed Vaquero or the smaller frame New Vaquero?
                Does it make a difference between either one?

                Comment

                • #9
                  Elgindy25
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 970

                  Originally posted by madmike88
                  How hot are the loads in question?
                  Well these are the 16rds i have left, and i probably wouldnt go beyond this.

                  335 grain WFNGC hardcast by DT hunter.
                  Last edited by Elgindy25; 10-10-2020, 11:08 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    LindenBruce
                    Member
                    • Mar 2016
                    • 380

                    Originally posted by NoHeavyHitter
                    I very much doubt is as I spent a lot of time looking and waiting for a Vaquero in .44mag, and they never materialized..
                    Here is my .44MAG beast with the short barrel. It's the older large framed version. Had it for a good ten years. B.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ARDude
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 2723

                      Originally posted by Elgindy25
                      Does it make a difference between either one?
                      Well, one is larger. It will handle heavy loads easily. Smaller frame, not so much.
                      Real-life Girls

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Madpyro
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 1368

                        If it has “New Vaquero” on the frame, it’s the small frame, if it has ”Vaquero”, it’s the large frame.
                        sigpic94th ENGR. BN. USAEUR 75-78 / N.R.A. Life Member / SASS / Mineral County SAR

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bohoki
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 20826

                          never exceed maximum pressures for the cartridge

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ARDude
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 2723

                            Originally posted by Madpyro
                            If it has “New Vaquero” on the frame, it’s the small frame, if it has ”Vaquero”, it’s the large frame.
                            Generally you are correct. But there are 44 mag Vaquero's that say "new Vaquero", but are the older, larger frame models.
                            Real-life Girls

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Lead Waster
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 16650

                              The "New Vaquero" or "New Model Vaquero" were not around when many "Ruger only" loads were published. So be careful. I'd say if it says "new Vaquero" then don't do it.

                              I don't know about the "New Vaquero" marked .44 that ARDude mentioned. But generally speaking, only use "Ruger only" loads in old model Rugers.
                              ==================

                              sigpic


                              Remember to dial 1 before 911.

                              Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

                              There. Are. Four. Lights!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1