Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mags that fit P226?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • maxmonster
    Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 386

    Mags that fit P226?

    In lieu of what's going on with the current mag laws I am trying to source some mags for a P226, however anywhere I go I cannot find any in stock except for Midway.

    Just doing some research online though, I see that Canik mags might work...? I am not buying anything yet till all the smoke clears but I do want to get some confirmation on what other mags might work...

    I did read elsewhere that some guy got one of his sig mags mixed with a Canik and he shot the rest of the competition with it and didn't figure it out till he got home...

    AR owner
    Glock owner
    Mosin owner
  • #2
    printrep
    Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 296

    Gunmagwarehouse has 9mm 10rd mags in stock at $39.99.

    This is a limited capacity 10-round 9mm magazine for the Sig P226 pistol. Designed for consistent field performance in states
    Last edited by printrep; 08-16-2020, 7:36 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      maxmonster
      Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 386

      Originally posted by printrep
      Gunmagwarehouse has 9mm 10rd mags in stock at $39.99.

      https://gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-saue...-magazine.html
      As with all the nonsense going on I am looking for standard or hi caps in case we can eventually get them again. This way if standard sig mags are out of stock I have other options.

      AR owner
      Glock owner
      Mosin owner

      Comment

      • #4
        SkyHawk
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2012
        • 23531

        Osage has them for $37.99
        SIG factory P226 9mm 10-round flush-fit magazine for P226, P226X, and P226XCA. Side witness holes. MAG-226-9-10, UPC 798681261536.


        PM me if you go with them, I have a 5% off code for you
        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

        Comment

        • #5
          SkyHawk
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2012
          • 23531

          Originally posted by maxmonster
          As with all the nonsense going on I am looking for standard or hi caps in case we can eventually get them again. This way if standard sig mags are out of stock I have other options.
          My bet is you will be waiting a year or more before and only if we can buy again. No need to scope them out now.

          Anyhow Osage also has 15rd in stock


          This is the first place I checked, I bet I could find other vendors with stock too, so they are not as rare as you'd think even now. I would not mess around with any other mags, Canik etc.

          Get factory or MecGar only, IMO
          Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-16-2020, 7:44 PM.
          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

          Comment

          • #6
            hambam105
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2013
            • 7083

            Original Sig Factory and OEM for Swiss Industrial Group.

            Yes, I know. Some inner-webb shyster has some China manufactured Korean & Pilipino marked
            magazines that tells you they're good enough.

            Do us a favor and let others know you're are buying for a second or third time because you
            didn't believe me the first time.
            Last edited by hambam105; 08-17-2020, 12:05 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              printrep
              Member
              • Nov 2014
              • 296

              Originally posted by maxmonster
              As with all the nonsense going on I am looking for standard or hi caps in case we can eventually get them again. This way if standard sig mags are out of stock I have other options.
              Sorry didn't read your original post correctly but Gunmagwarehouse also has the 15 rounders in stock as well!

              Hit the range or carry in confidence with the Sig Sauer® P226 9mm 15-Round Magazine from GunMag Warehouse. This genuine Sig

              Comment

              • #8
                Gregchico
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Dec 2006
                • 2377

                I can confirm that Canik TP9SFX magazines do fit and do hand cycle rounds, but they do not activate the slide lock when empty. I have not tried live fire and I do not recommend them as a substitute.


                Comment

                • #9
                  _TomT_
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 3354

                  MecGar 18 round flush fit are excellent...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    electric7
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 599

                    Yep, it's a bummer you can't get mags. But, I would stick with Sig mags and Mec Gar, which is or was the company that makes sig mags. Other mags may not be reliable. Try Top Gun Supply.

                    Sig Sauer P226 9mm magazines at Top Gun Supply - Deeply discount prices on factory issued Sig Sauer magazines!
                    --------------------------------

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      sigstroker
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 19876

                      Originally posted by hambam105
                      Original Sig Factory and OEM for Swiss Industrial Manufacturing.

                      Yes, I know. Some inner-webb shyster has some China manufactured Korean & Pilipino marked
                      magazines that tells you they're good enough.

                      Do us a favor and let others know you're are buying for a second or third time because you
                      didn't believe me the first time.
                      Zipperbacks?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        C.G.
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 8250

                        Originally posted by electric7
                        Yep, it's a bummer you can't get mags. But, I would stick with Sig mags and Mec Gar, which is or was the company that makes sig mags. Other mags may not be reliable. Try Top Gun Supply.

                        https://www.topgunsupply.com/magazin.../p226-9mm.html
                        What he said +1. Don't buy Pro-Mags!
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          maxmonster
                          Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 386

                          I figure mecgar and oem were the best... guess I gotta dish out the cash when time comes

                          AR owner
                          Glock owner
                          Mosin owner

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SkyHawk
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 23531

                            Originally posted by maxmonster
                            I figure mecgar and oem were the best... guess I gotta dish out the cash when time comes

                            Last year during Freedom Week we got factory Sig 15rd P226 mags for $15ea, shipped from Reeds, and we got P229 mags at the same price. Stacked them all deep I did

                            A rush on mags doesn't always mean you'll have to pay more. Sometimes the stars align. Reeds really came through for us, bigtime.

                            Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-16-2020, 10:38 PM.
                            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              riderr
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2013
                              • 6704

                              Originally posted by SkyHawk
                              Last year during Freedom Week we got factory Sig 15rd P226 mags for $15ea, shipped from Reeds, and we got P229 mags at the same price. Stacked them all deep I did

                              A rush on mags doesn't always mean you'll have to pay more. Sometimes the stars align.

                              https://www.reedssports.com/
                              OEM Sig mags or Magpul? If OEM, you literally robbed the business.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1