Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Langdon California Special

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CA_Plinker
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2019
    • 8

    Langdon California Special

  • #2
    dfens
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 946

    I've been on the fence for awhile now about getting one.

    Talked to them but they weren't crystal clear on their answers.

    If you don't mind if you buy the M9A1 from them and send it back for the upgrade on the invoice do they itemize the gun and work seperately or do they show the full amount?

    I ask because I wanted to know if your dealer charged you sales tax on the full amount of gun and work done or only just for the firearm?

    Also do they send back the old parts like the orginal slide and barrel etc so that you can sell those off to offset the cost of the firearm?

    Really want to order one but finding a M9A1 to buy right now is impossible and they are out of stock if they sell you one. And don't know if it's worth nearlly 300 bucks to upgrade my 92FS with all the parts and still not have the true Elite.

    Comment

    • #3
      Oldmandan
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 2721

      Wouldn’t it be a lot cheaper to put one together on your own?
      "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        dfens
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 946

        Depending on if you want the LTT Elite it's actually cheaper to buy the M9A1 from Langdon and ship it back to them for free and have them upgrade it. But he is out of stock so that won't work.

        Cost is 1500 bucks plus all the FFL fees and tax and they are suposed to ship back all the old parts which you then sale them to bring the 1700ish price tag down to say 1300-1400 dollars out the door.

        While in free states you could just buy the gun complete for 1100.

        Now if you could buy a M9A1 they run about 700 and it's over 1000 for the upgrade and before very hard to source plus this panic buying which I still don't understand people acting like they are going to ban handguns. I saw a used M9A1 guy was asking 1200 dollars people are such idiots for fueling this over priced market.

        I could just upgrade my 92FS depending if I want the trigger job and the new barrel it's going to cost me 200-400 dollars for all the parts and it still wouldn't have the vertec slide or the rail.

        So I would be taking a 500-600 Beretta and dumpling money into it and at the end of the day for a few bucks more and the headache of all the extra loops get the actual LTT.

        Comment

        • #5
          jyc
          Member
          • Sep 2017
          • 302

          Originally posted by dfens
          Cost is 1500 bucks plus all the FFL fees and tax and they are suposed to ship back all the old parts which you then sale them to bring the 1700ish price tag down to say 1300-1400 dollars out the door.
          The only thing holding me back are the stock slide parts that I would be receiving back. Is there a market for stock M9A1 slides? I would have jumped on this deal if I knew what the secondary market was like for beretta uppers.



          Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            D.A.V.I.D.
            ——
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2015
            • 1876

            I bought my LTT elite with the trigger job for 1200 in the marketplace beginning of the year. Great gun.

            Comment

            • #7
              CA_Plinker
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2019
              • 8

              OP here. Regarding the invoice from LTT, it doesn’t show the gun price separate, so the tax is indeed on the full amount. They do send back all the old parts, but I’m not sure there is a market for the M9A1 slide.
              It’s any easy transaction to get the M9A1 from LTT when available, but it is more expensive than providing your own.

              Comment

              • #8
                ChampCarStar
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 605

                CA_Plinker, what was the turnaround time?

                LTT received my M9A1 last Tuesday. I'm not in any rush, but just curious.

                Of course, I sent mine in right when they got busy with the new 92s with the Optics Cut.

                I bought the M9A1 from them, so I contributed to them being out of stock currently.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ChampCarStar
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 605

                  Got my gun back. Took them only a week to turn it around.

                  Double action and single action are the best I've ever felt in any DA/SA pistol.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jyc
                    Member
                    • Sep 2017
                    • 302

                    Originally posted by ChampCarStar
                    Got my gun back. Took them only a week to turn it around.

                    Double action and single action are the best I've ever felt in any DA/SA pistol.

                    It's not that great. You can sell it to me since you don't like it, right? :-)

                    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ChampCarStar
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 605

                      Originally posted by jyc
                      It's not that great. You can sell it to me since you don't like it, right? :-)

                      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                      I think you're right JYC.

                      I was thinking about getting another one, because i think they can do it better.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        saudadeii
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 3468

                        I already have an M9A1 and Vertec slide and "G" kit. I've been thinking about the "trigger job in a bag". Not sure about the Langdon vs Wilson trigger bar.
                        My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Exiledviking
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 1461

                          Originally posted by saudadeii
                          I already have an M9A1 and Vertec slide and "G" kit. I've been thinking about the "trigger job in a bag". Not sure about the Langdon vs Wilson trigger bar.
                          Having used both, buy the LTT trigger bar. And get the NP3 version if you can.
                          "Most people understand that guns deter criminals. If a killer were stalking your family, would you feel safer putting a sign out front announcing, "This Home Is a Gun-Free Zone"? But that is what the Westroads Mall did" (in Omaha, Neb).
                          - John Lott -

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ChampCarStar
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 605

                            Originally posted by Exiledviking
                            Having used both, buy the LTT trigger bar. And get the NP3 version if you can.
                            Yeah, next one I have done will get the full NP3 plus their optics cut so I can mount a red dot.

                            I have another M9A1 I could send right now, but that one is staying as a stock M9A1 in my collection.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CA_Plinker
                              Junior Member
                              • Sep 2019
                              • 8

                              Originally posted by ChampCarStar
                              CA_Plinker, what was the turnaround time?

                              LTT received my M9A1 last Tuesday. I'm not in any rush, but just curious.

                              Of course, I sent mine in right when they got busy with the new 92s with the Optics Cut.

                              I bought the M9A1 from them, so I contributed to them being out of stock currently.
                              ChampCar you might have gotten the last M9A1 from them. Glad you got yours back quickly. Mine took about 3 weeks waiting for the NP3 mag.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1