Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I cannot win...I can only hold on...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Mr. Blue
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2019
    • 2522

    Originally posted by SandHill
    Alright, I like Thomas Jefferson quotes as much as the next guy, but he was dead wrong about the wine. I have too much, and it is taking up room in my cellar that could be used for guns and ammo. Gotta get rid of that excess wine! I've been doing my best, especially since the Covid thing hit. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....
    https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

    Comment

    • #47
      Mr. Blue
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2019
      • 2522

      Originally posted by HOGDOG1955
      well, ive finally did it and must be sure not to tell the wife. i cant find a specific handgun and know for a fact its here. but where? lol.
      Hahahaha so good.
      https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

      Comment

      • #48
        Mr. Blue
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2019
        • 2522

        Just for fun and boredom...I went to wheeofnames.com and entered
        Tac Sol - 2
        HKP2000SK - 2
        Ruger PC9 - 1
        NONE - 0
        Shotgun - 1
        GSG1911 22lr - 2

        I spun it 8 times and it hit a few of them twice, all of them once, besides NONE. Lol, The wheel has spoken...
        https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

        Comment

        • #49
          Mr. Blue
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2019
          • 2522

          Just for fun and boredom...I went to wheeofnames.com and entered
          Tac Sol - 2
          HKP2000SK - 2
          Ruger PC9 - 1
          NONE - 0
          Shotgun - 1
          GSG1911 22lr - 2

          I spun it 8 times and it hit a few of them twice, all of them once, besides NONE. Lol, The wheel has spoken...
          https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

          Comment

          • #50
            GeeBee49
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2020
            • 1981

            I was replying to a comment that private party transfers are not subject to the thirty day wait between purchase law. I assumed that private party referred to someone selling guns they already had.

            Comment

            • #51
              splithoof
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2015
              • 6066

              Originally posted by OCEquestrian
              12 step programs........
              Yea, twelve guns per year, that's how that goes.
              Then it's twelve holsters....
              Then it's twelve safes......
              Then it's twelve cases......
              Then it's twelve K rounds of ammo....
              Then it's twelve different sets of dies....
              Then it's twelve classes at schools....

              When you have children, it becomes another round of twelves....for each kid.

              At least you aren't like a friend of mine who collects wives....

              But it's all OK......we celebrate our addictions here.

              Comment

              • #52
                PachecoFTW
                • May 2010
                • 1422

                Y'all either rich or weak willed lol(joke).
                I havent bought anything since I let that gray usp 9 slip away.
                More onto modding and replacing parts that have worn, and believe it or not it ain't cheap.

                Comment

                • #53
                  splithoof
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2015
                  • 6066

                  Originally posted by dozer wright
                  Wait until you have a Large safe full , the a second..... Then a third. Now you rearranging safes to get another gun Crammed in. Now theres the ammo , mags
                  I keep telling myself it's a investment.
                  Now your moving out of state and wondering the best way to move the Safes and guns.
                  Isn't that the truth!
                  Throw in a workshop full of machinery, various welders, work benches, lube rack,
                  tools, hardware, supplies, etc., and the issue becomes daunting. And that assumes that my brother takes all the classic cars.
                  Heck, I could get all my clothing and household personal stuff into my Honda van.....and make one trip. But all the toys?....now were looking at a container ship.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    splithoof
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2015
                    • 6066

                    Originally posted by SandHill
                    Alright, I like Thomas Jefferson quotes as much as the next guy, but he was dead wrong about the wine. I have too much, and it is taking up room in my cellar that could be used for guns and ammo. Gotta get rid of that excess wine! I've been doing my best, especially since the Covid thing hit. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....
                    So you approach the wine at one bottle/night with friends. Look at it as a slow moving project.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      dozer wright
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 2764

                      Originally posted by splithoof
                      Isn't that the truth!
                      Throw in a workshop full of machinery, various welders, work benches, lube rack,
                      tools, hardware, supplies, etc., and the issue becomes daunting. And that assumes that my brother takes all the classic cars.
                      Heck, I could get all my clothing and household personal stuff into my Honda van.....and make one trip. But all the toys?....now were looking at a container ship.
                      I am literally in the same situation . Now your looking at house with actual shops. It does make things interesting.....

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        splithoof
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2015
                        • 6066

                        Originally posted by dozer wright
                        I am literally in the same situation . Now your looking at house with actual shops. It does make things interesting.....
                        How true!
                        I'm looking at places with steel accessory buildings (large) for all my stuff, and equestrian facilities for the wife's horse & carriage collection. Something with a covered arena comes to mind.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          DanGunner
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2017
                          • 1224

                          Of course PPT purchases are exempt from 30 day rule, as I can attest And I am comforted by the fact that even at one a month, buying and shooting guns is much less costly than my previous hobby of owning, maintains, fueling and using a very large cabin cruiser.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Transient
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 792

                            Originally posted by Barang
                            don't forget mac & cheese for thanksgiving. and if you are at the bottom, ask neighbors for their expired can goods. in no time you'll be able to save enough for another handgun if the amublance doesn't get there first.
                            My neighbor already gives me free food, lol. I'm being serious. A few weeks ago I found a bag with 2 loaves of bread hanging on my front door knob. I put them in my deep freezer in case somebody came back and said, "Oops! I left them at the wrong house." A few days later and see my neighbor and she says, "Did you get the bread I sent to you?" The strange thing is, my house and cars are nicer than hers. I don't need the assist. It's been like this for years. Vegetables in sealed individual packs, fresh fried chicken and biscuits, canned fruits, etc. Her daughter use to be a high school lunch lady. At thr end of the day the food is thrown in the dumpster. She was taking home the food at the end of the day (with permission). Sometimes they ended up with so much that they had to give it away. Because I'm not spending as much as I should on food I have money for guns. That's why I have bought 12 this year alone, and eyeing 3 more right now.

                            Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Transient; 06-10-2020, 9:53 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Wordupmybrotha
                              From anotha motha
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 6965

                              Originally posted by GeeBee49
                              The problem with that is finding a seller who has something I want at a reasonable price. Then location is a key factor. I would not drive to Orange County or the San Fernando Valley to buy a gun and then have to drive back in 10+ days to pick it up. My LGS is less than ten minutes away so I'm spoiled.
                              Yep, I spent many many hours browsing the calguns marketplace for those reasons. The hunt is part of the addiction (fun). I could have completed several online course in that time.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                ar15barrels
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 57182

                                Originally posted by dozer wright
                                I am literally in the same situation .
                                Now your looking at house with actual shops.
                                I have a layout drawn up for a 50x80 steel building as my next shop.
                                Already purchased the land, 5 acres on the Carson River a few miles outside Carson City.
                                Just need to start grading...
                                Randall Rausch

                                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1