Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bersa/EAG Firestorm - Pitting and Rust on Slide

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • American Muslim Gun Owner
    Member
    • Sep 2019
    • 149

    Bersa/EAG Firestorm - Pitting and Rust on Slide

    Hello Everyone,

    Last year I bought a Bersa Firestorm and shot it at the range twice.

    I recently noticed that the left side of the slide has pitting and rust on it. Any ideas what might've caused it?

    Thanks in advance!



    Attached Files
    Project Howa Ya Doin' .308

    Instagram: American Muslim Gun Owner

    Register to Vote
  • #2
    Loaded_Potato
    Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 243

    I've heard that the foam inside the case could retain moisture which could cause rusting. Not sure if your storing your firearms like that but something to consider.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      shafferds
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 1970

      poor prep work and possible storage combination.

      Comment

      • #4
        Horsewright
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2019
        • 662

        Did ya carry it at all? I have some similar on my Bersa but I carried it a lot, in a hot sweaty environment for several years. Couple times the holster sweated through. I kept er oiled up pretty good but very similar looking rusting.

        Comment

        • #5
          plumbum
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5394

          Ditch the foam case, or slather the gun in oil and place a barrier between gun and foam, like parchment paper or plastic. Foam doesn’t wick moisture out it just hangs around wherever it lands.

          To clean it is I say some bronze wool and hoppes
          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

          Comment

          • #6
            triplestack3
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2011
            • 1286

            The finish on these slides is generally pretty poor. I had one rust up on me after a day carrying and sweating through my holster.
            Looks like the area that's messed up is by your slide release, so it might be oil from your skin. Best advice is to clean immediate after shooting and put it away with a fine layer of oil on it.

            Comment

            • #7
              SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              Do not store guns in foam cases
              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • #8
                robert101
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 1997

                I have two of them and both are fine - no rust. I don't store guns in foam cases but in a socket lightly oiled. It looks like a storage issue.

                Comment

                • #9
                  American Muslim Gun Owner
                  Member
                  • Sep 2019
                  • 149

                  Thank you everyone for the helpful replies. It looks like mixed results between all of us.


                  So, I've never carried the gun (couldn't even if I wanted to). Just two trips to the range. I noticed the same thing about the area where it is affected: I thought maybe I had something on my hand that rubbed onto the slide.


                  In regards to storage, for a few days I kept the gun in a GPS Handgunner range backpack with the very thick foam inserts. I'll give it a cleaning like you guys recommended and switch over to storing it in one of those synthetic socks with a light coat of oil.


                  Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the help!
                  Project Howa Ya Doin' .308

                  Instagram: American Muslim Gun Owner

                  Register to Vote

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1