Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HK Novice - input on value needed P7M8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • damngato
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2012
    • 3393

    HK Novice - input on value needed P7M8

    I admittedly am a novice when it comes to the P7 line but have the opportunity to pick one up. I only have the pictures below. The gentlemen says it will come with the box, 2 magazines and the cleaning tool. Look in the pictures it looks like it might have a little holster wear but that could be reflection. He said it is in very good condition and from the items I have purchased from him before he takes good care of his stuff.

    What would be a fair price? I know they are expensive but not sure what is reasonable

    Thanks in advance





    Link for feedback -

    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...4#post28181454

    WTB:
    Off Roster CZs
    Off Roster Sigs
    Off Roster FNs
    Pre-Lock S&Ws
  • #2
    559BearDown
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 1555

    I'd say under $3k would be a good deal

    Comment

    • #3
      LaFlamaBlanca
      Member
      • Jun 2017
      • 364

      under $2k is even better

      Comment

      • #4
        offrdmania
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 4053

        HK Novice - input on value needed P7M8

        In this environment, a real world California price would probably be between $2500-3000. If you can get it for less than you will be ahead. Over 3 grand I would walk away.
        Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratings

        Comment

        • #5
          Romeo_alpha01
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2017
          • 2029

          Looks like a 90s era M8. $1800-2800 seems like a good average. Make sure to inspect the bore and gas piston/channel. If he allows you to remove the grips, check the grip lever and springs.

          Comment

          • #6
            audiction
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 785

            bec of the condition of that P7 i wouldn't pay over $2K for it. if it were unfired and complete then that's another story. judging by the amount of pistols you post here you should have started your P7 collection years ago

            Comment

            • #7
              DT556
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2011
              • 3671

              I agree^.
              I wouldn't pay more than $2k

              Comment

              • #8
                Steve G
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2005
                • 1931

                Originally posted by Damiiaaannn
                I agree^.
                I wouldn't pay more than $2k
                Hmmmm, I’d buy them all day in that condition for 2K. Good luck finding a pistol like that at or under 2K.

                OP that pistol is worth $2500 in CA

                Comment

                • #9
                  audiction
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 785



                  the issues is the condition. i wouldn't mind paying premium on a P7 but not with that pistol. i'd even pass up on that if i were the OP. now if it were priced $1,800-$2k then it's something i might snag. i've seen P7s in better condition than that for $2k. maybe $2,500 it didn't have holster wear...just saying. last year i saw a p7m8 at greta's guns simi valley for $1,800 and it was in great shape.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    omega
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3114

                    $1500 - $1700 is a fair price

                    2500 is price gouger pricing

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SkyHawk
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 23531

                      Condition is everything and those pics absolutely suck. So there is no way to give an informed opinion.
                      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Romeo_alpha01
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2017
                        • 2029

                        Originally posted by audiction
                        the issues is the condition. i wouldn't mind paying premium on a P7 but not with that pistol. i'd even pass up on that if i were the OP. now if it were priced $1,800-$2k then it's something i might snag. i've seen P7s in better condition than that for $2k. maybe $2,500 it didn't have holster wear...just saying. last year i saw a p7m8 at greta's guns simi valley for $1,800 and it was in great shape.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          damngato
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 3393

                          Originally posted by audiction
                          bec of the condition of that P7 i wouldn't pay over $2K for it. if it were unfired and complete then that's another story. judging by the amount of pistols you post here you should have started your P7 collection years ago
                          You're right, I'm embarrassed and have brought shame upon my family Somehow every time one has come up I have found some other project to throw funds at.


                          I appreciate all the insight. I knew it wasn't smoking deal at $2,400 but wasn't sure what FMV was. He has a discontinued duty coat Valor .45 I'm looking at which might be a better fit for me.

                          Thanks again all
                          Link for feedback -

                          https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...4#post28181454

                          WTB:
                          Off Roster CZs
                          Off Roster Sigs
                          Off Roster FNs
                          Pre-Lock S&Ws

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sigstroker
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 19864

                            Geez, those things used to be pretty cheap. Cheap enough for me to consider buying one. Felt too weird to me.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              drdanno84
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 1418

                              HKP7M8

                              206.jpg
                              They're excellent pistols! great engineering, very accurate and durable.
                              Great as a CCW piece, very concealable. A used one in "excellent" condition
                              with the box. tools and manual can fetch between 2K-2.5K.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1