Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seecamp or Kel-Tec p32????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bombadillo
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 14810

    Seecamp or Kel-Tec p32????

    I'm looking for the utterly SMALLEST gun that is at least a 5-shot, semi-automatic handgun. I'm needing at least a .32acp or larger. I've even considered the "Lifecard" .22lr but it just isn't enough for me. Roster isn't a problem for me, and I can pretty much get a hold of anything I would want.

    IF you were to get the smallest semi out there, are there any others that you would consider. My specs are smallest in terms of printing, thickness, and ease of concealment. I need this to be AS INCONSPICUOUS AS POSSIBLE! Thanks ahead of time Calguns Brain.
  • #2
    hermosabeach
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19845

    seecamp works extremely well

    Very ammo specific as it only works with 2 or 3 types of bullets

    drawbacks are the sights- no sights...
    cant open the action with the magazine out

    and don't pull the trigger with the mag out as you will bend stuff
    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

    Comment

    • #3
      ojisan
      Agent 86
      CGN Contributor
      • Apr 2008
      • 11782

      KT P-32
      Get the IWB belt clip for it.
      Can use any .32 ammo
      It has sights.
      Much lighter than Seecamp
      You can rack the slide and pull the trigger any time you want with nothing breaking.

      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
      I don't really care, I just like to argue.

      Comment

      • #4
        The Gleam
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2011
        • 13471

        I have both; I prefer the Kel-Tec P32 for so many of all the reasons as to why I originally liked the Seecamp. All those reasons X 2. Weight, size, capacity, thin, reliability, simplicity of operations, small but great fit in the hand, etc.
        -----------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by Librarian
        What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

        If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

        Comment

        • #5
          Title1guy
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2015
          • 1381

          Comment

          • #6
            Rogue187
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 1157

            I would say stick with the Seecamp.
            There were some problems with the Kel-Tec's in the past.
            I have had three Seecamps in my life. I bought one used from a State Trooper one from a Gun Shop employee and one directly from Seecamp.
            That one I sold for some major bucks as it was an original made by Larry Seecamp.
            The one from the trooper I still have and is my special carry one. It the smallest and most concealable for me.

            Your mileage may vary.

            Comment

            • #7
              Quiet
              retired Goon
              • Mar 2007
              • 30242

              I have a Kel-Tec P-32 Gen 1.

              It is lighter than and feels smaller than any other .32ACP semi-auto pocket pistol on the market.

              It has had approximately 6000 rounds fired through it.
              During that time, the only stoppages were due to bad magazines or user error (not letting the DAO trigger reset, before attempting to fire).

              I no longer carry/shoot it, because I shot it to death (broken recoil guide/spring that's preventing disassembly and damaged/cracked receiver) and since it's off-Roster, Kel-Tec won't send me a replacement.

              Side fact about the P32...
              It has a removable metal receiver that is installed in the polymer frame. (like the SIG P250/320 series)
              This allows the end-user to order different colored frames from Kel-Tec and swap to whatever color they want, whenever they want.
              Last edited by Quiet; 02-10-2020, 11:07 PM.
              sigpic

              "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

              Comment

              • #8
                sealocan
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2012
                • 9956

                I like Kel-Tec firearms company for all of its innovation and clearly the Ruger LCP in 380 ACP (and LCP 9, LCP 9s in 9 mm) were"inspired" by keltec's lightweight micro pocket pistol designs.

                But if I was thinking about a company that will be around in the future, as far as I can see it, and be willing to service, repair and supply parts, without getting an expensive gunsmith involved, I think Ruger would be the best bet over Kel-Tec or the harder to find and more pricey all metal Seecamp.

                Just something to think about if you plan to shoot the pistol a lot, which you should be because practice makes perfect / Lots of training equals a better carry gun.

                Comment

                • #9
                  RollingCode3
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3221

                  P32 for the win. I carry it 90% of the time. Small, light weight, reliable, low recoil and 7+1. The best pocket gun out there. I heard Ruger plans to release LCP in 32acp soon.
                  Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    RollingCode3
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3221

                    Originally posted by sealocan
                    I like Kel-Tec firearms company for all of its innovation and clearly the Ruger LCP in 380 ACP (and LCP 9, LCP 9s in 9 mm) were"inspired" by keltec's lightweight micro pocket pistol designs.

                    But if I was thinking about a company that will be around in the future, as far as I can see it, and be willing to service, repair and supply parts, without getting an expensive gunsmith involved, I think Ruger would be the best bet over Kel-Tec or the harder to find and more pricey all metal Seecamp.

                    Just something to think about if you plan to shoot the pistol a lot, which you should be because practice makes perfect / Lots of training equals a better carry gun.

                    Ruger LCPs are not fun to shoot. I give up after two mags. I have three of them and they are collecting dust in my safe after I bought the keltec p32. I can shoot the p32 all day.
                    Last edited by RollingCode3; 02-11-2020, 2:24 AM.
                    Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MyOdessa
                      Ban Islam
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 2577

                      Kel-Tec P32

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        M76
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2014
                        • 5953

                        P3AT

                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by dunndeal
                        Stop digging.
                        Originally posted by BrassCase
                        I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
                        iTrader

                        https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Solanaco
                          Member
                          • Nov 2012
                          • 134

                          Kahr P380 is still very shootable with night sights and extremely small.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            2ATruthSeeker
                            Junior Member
                            • Feb 2020
                            • 4

                            Originally posted by RollingCode3
                            Ruger LCPs are not fun to shoot. I give up after two mags. I have three of them and they are collecting dust in my safe after I bought the keltec p32. I can shoot the p32 all day.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bombadillo
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 14810



                              This was on the consideration as well. Just that little tiny bit of a tenth of an inch here and they're bigger in Dimensions seems to make a pretty big overall difference in tight pants and printing. My concern is that I would be printing in places that I don't want to print and even with a diversion holster, it would be a tough sell.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1