Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Next 1911. SA Loaded or Target

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MEGSDAD
    Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 394

    Next 1911. SA Loaded or Target

    So, Ive currently got a 6 inch 686 .357, a new 66 and a Rock Island 1911 .45
    I'm looking for another 1911 in .45 so I will have Two .357 and two .45. I'm thinking of adding a Springfield Armory. Either a Loaded or Target Stainless. Will be used as a range gun only. Is there much difference between the two other than about $100? Are the internals the same?
    Thanks
  • #2
    yacko
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2019
    • 631

    Internals should be the same if you get stainless of either- they should be fitted in the US. I think all stainless frames are done in the US... So quality of both should be equal.

    The differences are the sights and if the target is single sided safety or ambi.

    I have the stainless loaded. Very nice fit and finish.

    I only changed the sights and replace the ambi safety for single sided.

    Comment

    • #3
      redhemi
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 2966

      If it's going to be a range gun get the target model that way you don't have to shoot the way the gun is set up you can adjust the sights to the way you like. And now a shameless plug.

      Comment

      • #4
        Pretty fly for a Cabinetguy
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2016
        • 4384

        Get whatever fires your rockets...

        My Loaded, in 9mm, has been excellent...close to 9k and no issues...good trigger too.

        The only thing I did, cause I am old, is put a Dawson FO on the front...

        D674DF9D-19DF-4F39-84FD-BDA619D52C4F.jpg
        Wilson Protector .45, Springer 9mm Loaded, Franchi Instinct SL .12ga. and some other cool stuff for the kiddos...

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1