Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which red dot size for Trijicon SRO?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • soulracerdc2
    Member
    • Jan 2018
    • 127

    Which red dot size for Trijicon SRO?

    Hi,

    I searched on google and on here but didn't find much info.

    For those of you that have experience with a 2.5 moa and 5.0 moa on the Trijicon SRO. Which dot size do you prefer. Is the 2.5 too small? For range use and steel challenge use? I got the 2.5 moa but having doubts that maybe I should have got 5.0 moa.

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by soulracerdc2; 01-18-2020, 9:50 AM.
  • #2
    Elgatodeacero
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 1297

    I find the smaller the dot the better.

    I wear glasses to see far, so that may be a factor.

    Comment

    • #3
      NewbieDave
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2006
      • 1277

      My experience is only on the RMR. But if strictly for range work, smaller is better... you can always turn it up to grow the dot size. For conceal carry, I find the bigger dot is easier to catch in the window since my engagement distance is well under 25yds.


      NB

      Comment

      • #4
        soulracerdc2
        Member
        • Jan 2018
        • 127

        Thanks for the replies guys

        Comment

        • #5
          L84CABO
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2009
          • 8776

          2.5 all day every day. But I'm a fan of small dots. YMMV.
          "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

          Fighter Pilot

          Comment

          • #6
            railroader
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3115

            For steel challenge I would get the 5moa. You need to pick up the dot fast. You figure 5moa is about an inch and a quarter at 25 yards. I use a venom 6moa on my cz shadow for local steel matches.

            Comment

            • #7
              fmunk
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 3896

              You can't find answers online because it's a matter of personal preference. Some people find the smaller dot harder to pick up, others find the larger dot to be too large and obstruct view of smaller targets (at distance). You have to consider your vision and your intended use to decide.


              FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1