Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

USGI M3 shoulder holster

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nitroxdiver
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2009
    • 6979

    USGI M3 shoulder holster

  • #2
    ARDude
    Veteran Member
    • May 2006
    • 2723

    I have one also. Works great with Hi-Power and Ruger MK pistol also.
    Real-life Girls

    Comment

    • #3
      vino68
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2016
      • 1622

      I have it in black as well. Fits my Glocks, HKs and Sigs. Not comfy with my 1911.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ora Serrata
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2015
        • 1753

        Nice! I have the M7 repro and am pretty happy with it.

        Comment

        • #5
          nitroxdiver
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2009
          • 6979

          Originally posted by Ora Serrata
          Nice! I have the M7 repro and am pretty happy with it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Horsewright
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2019
            • 662


            As a leathercraftsman can I make a suggestion? Go very light on the neatsfoot oil. Use pure neatsfoot oil not the compound and warm it up first. I have a dedicated crockpot I use for that. Warming it helps the oil to absorb in the leather more uniformly. I use a paint brush and brush on a light coat and then let sit overnight. I've sure seen a bunch of leather products that have been over oiled and they become soggy. No coming back from that. Lots of them are sold as holsters. After oiling set it out in the sun. The sun will do more for darkening it then just about anything. Nice holster, enjoy it.

            Comment

            • #7
              smle-man
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2007
              • 10605

              Very nice!

              Crewmen for the M60s and M88s were issued those holsters for their 1911A1s when I was on active duty. I don't know what armored crewmen get for their M9s now.

              Comment

              • #8
                nitroxdiver
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2009
                • 6979

                Originally posted by Horsewright
                As a leathercraftsman can I make a suggestion? Go very light on the neatsfoot oil. Use pure neatsfoot oil not the compound and warm it up first. I have a dedicated crockpot I use for that. Warming it helps the oil to absorb in the leather more uniformly. I use a paint brush and brush on a light coat and then let sit overnight. I've sure seen a bunch of leather products that have been over oiled and they become soggy. No coming back from that. Lots of them are sold as holsters. After oiling set it out in the sun. The sun will do more for darkening it then just about anything. Nice holster, enjoy it.


                Thank you for the pro tip.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #9
                  vino68
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 1622

                  Originally posted by Horsewright
                  As a leathercraftsman can I make a suggestion? Go very light on the neatsfoot oil. Use pure neatsfoot oil not the compound and warm it up first. I have a dedicated crockpot I use for that. Warming it helps the oil to absorb in the leather more uniformly. I use a paint brush and brush on a light coat and then let sit overnight. I've sure seen a bunch of leather products that have been over oiled and they become soggy. No coming back from that. Lots of them are sold as holsters. After oiling set it out in the sun. The sun will do more for darkening it then just about anything. Nice holster, enjoy it.
                  Wow, that was seriously educational. Thank you.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rmnc3r
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2017
                    • 1030

                    Originally posted by Horsewright
                    As a leathercraftsman can I make a suggestion? Go very light on the neatsfoot oil. Use pure neatsfoot oil not the compound and warm it up first. I have a dedicated crockpot I use for that. Warming it helps the oil to absorb in the leather more uniformly. I use a paint brush and brush on a light coat and then let sit overnight. I've sure seen a bunch of leather products that have been over oiled and they become soggy. No coming back from that. Lots of them are sold as holsters. After oiling set it out in the sun. The sun will do more for darkening it then just about anything. Nice holster, enjoy it.
                    I work near the Angelus warehouse and bought a Gallon of NF oil a few years ago. I make my own concoction of 100% Pure NF Oil and Lanolin (90/10). I set out the Item and the NF/L oil in the sun to warm up, and once warm, apply on one side, let it absorb, then the other. I usually do 2-3 coats if the leather is new and un-oiled



                    I got repro M3 and M7 holsters off Ebay from India - they seem to be decently constructed.
                    Last edited by rmnc3r; 01-18-2020, 11:34 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Horsewright
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2019
                      • 662

                      Ya bet guys. I oil a project after or during construction. After that I use and recommend paste type conditioners, much easier to not get too much on. Something like Skidmores, Oakwood or RW Williams. Also should of mentioned I'd only oil the outside. I wouldn't do any of the interior. Oiling both sides makes it easy to get too much absorbed in.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        omega
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3114

                        when leather holsters are brand new they wear & scuff the finish on your pistols like sandpaper , when they are stiff and havent been broken in yet

                        I found a nice used GI M7 holster at the gun show for $5 thats been well broken in and the pistol slides in easily, but it probably took years of use to break it in.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1