Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

UNBOXING: Steyr L9-A2 MF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SDBROKER
    Member
    • May 2012
    • 159

    UNBOXING: Steyr L9-A2 MF



    The MF is here! The A2 MF series brings the Steyr pistol line into the modern world and beyond sporting new features and a redesigned frame. The new grip module features a re-contoured grip and the addition of modular grip panels offered in various sizes to ensure a proper fit for the smallest to largest of hands. An aggressive texture has been applied to the handle to maximize the traction of the grip. The A2 MF incorporates a flared magwell, which offers a wider opening to reduce reloading time. Keeping in tradition of the previous A1 series, the A2 MF series maintains the high grip angle and low bore axis that offers uncompromising comfort and recoil mitigation.
    --
    www.barrettfieldcraft.com
    @subMOA17
  • #2
    -hanko
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 14174

    An M9-A1 lives in the end table about 2 feet from my pillow, and an L9 sits where I can easily reach it in the truck. Sometimes there's an STG58 on the floor aft of the front seat.

    Steyr's are fantastic guns, but that's what you'd normally expect from Steyr.

    To my knowledge, they're not on California's approved gun list and they definitely lack California's desire for micro id on the bolt face.

    If you're not in California, Steyr's are definitely worth checking out.
    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

    Comment

    • #3
      SDBROKER
      Member
      • May 2012
      • 159

      Agreed! I was really impressed with it. Specifically, the out-of-the box trigger is unlike anything else available on the under than $1K market. The sights took a little getting used to but now I love them! Most handguns I buy immediately need a trigger and sights, not this one!
      --
      www.barrettfieldcraft.com
      @subMOA17

      Comment

      • #4
        Matt P
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2006
        • 3101

        Here is the same creator of the above content ripping off some rounds through a perfectly good Range Rover he is driving.
        No fear this guy, what an animal.

        My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

        Comment

        • #5
          OCEquestrian
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2017
          • 6905

          Originally posted by Matt P
          Here is the same creator of the above content ripping off some rounds through a perfectly good Range Rover he is driving.
          No fear this guy, what an animal.

          https://youtu.be/7Dxphs3JGVA
          Only damaged the windshield and they are easily replaced.
          "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

          Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

          NRA life member
          SAF life member
          CRPA member

          Comment

          • #6
            tcop143
            Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 294

            Originally posted by SDBROKER
            https://youtu.be/AkF0qF1U2Us

            The MF is here! The A2 MF series brings the Steyr pistol line into the modern world and beyond sporting new features and a redesigned frame. The new grip module features a re-contoured grip and the addition of modular grip panels offered in various sizes to ensure a proper fit for the smallest to largest of hands. An aggressive texture has been applied to the handle to maximize the traction of the grip. The A2 MF incorporates a flared magwell, which offers a wider opening to reduce reloading time. Keeping in tradition of the previous A1 series, the A2 MF series maintains the high grip angle and low bore axis that offers uncompromising comfort and recoil mitigation.

            Comment

            • #7
              Matt P
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2006
              • 3101

              Oh.... Okay OC. No big deal......
              My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

              Comment

              • #8
                -hanko
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jul 2002
                • 14174

                The trigger is unusually light on both of my Steyr pistols. Reset is ultra quick.

                The grip angle is a drop-in for me, and my primary CWL gun is a Colt Officer model with a 4 lb. trigger. Anybody find that weird?
                True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                Comment

                • #9
                  tcop143
                  Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 294

                  Originally posted by -hanko
                  The trigger is unusually light on both of my Steyr pistols. Reset is ultra quick.

                  The grip angle is a drop-in for me, and my primary CWL gun is a Colt Officer model with a 4 lb. trigger. Anybody find that weird?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SDBROKER
                    Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 159

                    Originally posted by Matt P
                    Oh.... Okay OC. No big deal......

                    Ha. Thanks for the shout out! I'm 100% sure the SafeLite Auto Glass guy would NOT agree that it was an easy replacement. Ha. I actually felt bad for him. The RR windshield has several sensors and other technology that made the replacement a real pain.

                    On another note, I have a "gently used and always garaged" Range Rover for sale
                    --
                    www.barrettfieldcraft.com
                    @subMOA17

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SDBROKER
                      Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 159

                      You are completely right, all the way around. The reset is so light to sense one just kind of has to assume it reset. I dig it, but it's different for sure! So smooth.
                      --
                      www.barrettfieldcraft.com
                      @subMOA17

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        k1dude
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2009
                        • 15867

                        Steyr was practically giving away their pistols about 10 or 12 years ago. I tried to grab one but I snoozed too long and they were gone in a blink. I've always wanted one. I guess I'll have to wait until I move to free America.
                        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          kennymallory1
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2017
                          • 568

                          Originally posted by SDBROKER
                          Agreed! I was really impressed with it. Specifically, the out-of-the box trigger is unlike anything else available on the under than $1K market. The sights took a little getting used to but now I love them! Most handguns I buy immediately need a trigger and sights, not this one!


                          I completely agree...


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1