Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

J-Frame 8 Shot 22lr speedloader recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Friesland
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 873

    J-Frame 8 Shot 22lr speedloader recommendations

    Looking at speedloaders for an 8 shot 22lr Smith & Wesson 43C (hope that's correct). Have looked a two manufactures, one @ $20 w/colors and another @ $40 without color.

    many thanks


    "If you're looking for lifetime quality, not J-Hook plastic, look here.



    5 Star Firearms designs and manufactures the DC Series push-button revolver speed loaders, supported by a full line of precision aluminum speed loaders and shooting accessories.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-
    Samuel Adams
  • #2
    Wordupmybrotha
    From anotha motha
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2013
    • 6965

    I don't compete so I don't know if people use speedloaders for 22 revolvers, but personally, when I shoot revolvers, my intent is to shoot slowly for accuracy. Hand loading one round at a time is therapeutic and part of the fun for shooting revolvers.

    Comment

    • #3
      1911su16b870
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2006
      • 7654

      I use speedbeez, good loaders.

      I have the 10 and 8 loaders and blocks from them. Purchased the pelican case separately form my distributor.
      "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

      NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
      GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
      Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
      I instruct it if you shoot it.

      Comment

      • #4
        Friesland
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 873

        "I use speedbeez, good loaders." the price didn't scare you off?
        "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-
        Samuel Adams

        Comment

        • #5
          DanGunner
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2017
          • 1223

          Ditto

          Originally posted by Wordupmybrotha
          I don't compete so I don't know if people use speedloaders for 22 revolvers, but personally, when I shoot revolvers, my intent is to shoot slowly for accuracy. Hand loading one round at a time is therapeutic and part of the fun for shooting revolvers.
          Especially true for .22 since it's not going to be a self-defense combat weapon. I have S&W 43c and Ruger LCR .22 and both are great fun without speedloaders.

          Comment

          • #6
            1911su16b870
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Dec 2006
            • 7654

            Originally posted by Friesland
            "I use speedbeez, good loaders." the price didn't scare you off?
            Buy once, cry once.
            "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

            NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
            GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
            Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
            I instruct it if you shoot it.

            Comment

            • #7
              Friesland
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2014
              • 873

              DanGunner, ever have brass sticking in the S&W 43C? Have you shot any hotter 22lr in this revolver and had stuck brass?
              "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."-
              Samuel Adams

              Comment

              • #8
                M76
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2014
                • 5953

                I have and use both

                Speedbeez and 5 star are GTG, one being sturdier and pricier than the other
                sigpic
                Originally posted by dunndeal
                Stop digging.
                Originally posted by BrassCase
                I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
                iTrader

                https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858

                Comment

                • #9
                  SnWnMe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 6897

                  The way I see it, a 22 will likely be a range piece and it will take just as long to preload speedloaders as it will to load the cylinder. Overall rate of fire will be the same.
                  Frank Da Tank

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mayor McRifle
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2013
                    • 7771

                    Speed Beez is the bee’s knees. Get the loading block, too.
                    Anchors Aweigh

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      smittty
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 6265

                      Originally posted by SnWnMe
                      The way I see it, a 22 will likely be a range piece and it will take just as long to preload speedloaders as it will to load the cylinder. Overall rate of fire will be the same.
                      I disagree.

                      I wouldn't own my 22 revolver without the speed loader and loading blocks.

                      22 cartridges are tiny making them tedious to load one at a time.

                      However, grabbing a handful and loading a loading block on the table is easy, snapping the speed-loader onto the 8 shot bundle is easy, and loading the gun with the speed-loader is easy.

                      I made up a bunch of loading trays that fit into an ammo can. I think the can with trays holds something like 800 rounds. I preload them at home and bring that to the range.

                      I makes the range time a lot more fun!!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        smittty
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 6265

                        Originally posted by M76
                        I have and use both

                        Speedbeez and 5 star are GTG, one being sturdier and pricier than the other
                        I have the speedbeez but would appreciate you opinion, which do you prefer?

                        The speedbeez could drop shells if carried in a coat pocket, would the 5-star be better for carrying?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1