Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help Me Choose My Glock.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Humboldt_G
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 399

    Help Me Choose My Glock.

    Im torn between whcih glock to get. 9mm, .40 or, .45 ACP?


    Which Model is your favorite and why? I have an opportunity to shoot a 21 this week so I can't wait for that.

    I would like a 1911 but can't afford the kind of 1911 I want right now.

    I will use this for HD so I want a rail for a light. I really like the compact desings, they dont seem to have much disadvantage compared to a Full Size

    I hear that for HD go with .45, If I was able to have more than 10 round mags I think the 9mm would pull a lot of weight with my decision.

    I like all the glocks just wondering what caliber and why, I realize ammo for the 9mm and .45 is almost impossible to get right now But, I will assume that I can get ammo in the near future...
    sigpic

    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Pres. Gerald Ford
  • #2
    OutlawDon
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 3138

    Glock 19

    Comment

    • #3
      Darius94523
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 80

      I have a Glock 23 and I've put about 400 rounds through it since I got it without a hitch and I haven't cleaned it yet.

      Conversely, I had 5 stoppages out of 50 rounds with a fully cleaned and lubed Kimber I have.

      If you get the Glock in .40, you can always buy another barrel to use 9mm. All you do is swap barrels and magazines.

      Comment

      • #4
        Glock619
        Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 490

        getting glock 23 tomorrow, but shot a 22 today. very nice gun to me. i like it very much for being my first time with a 40.

        Comment

        • #5
          cmace22
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 2717

          I would go 17/19 or 21.

          Comment

          • #6
            Gio
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 10251

            G17/19 or G21 it all depends on what you plan to do with the pistol? Home Defense or HD then go for a .45 it is a little more pricey for ammo. Still a good cal to shoot at the range. Or for plpinking and shooting paper or cans and what not then get a G17/19 depending on which fits your hands better. I just bought my first Glock yesterday which is a G17 since I have bigger hands and I am getting into 9mm AR stuf as well. I do a lot of shooting at ranges which involves paper targets mainly. So 9mm is a good platform for that, if you wanted to use it for HD you can always use Hollow Points. HP bullets are a llittle nastier when shot with, but if your life depends on it then so be it. With a .45 you can use Winchester White Box Value Pack rounds for HD and Target practice. I have a Kiimber Custom II .45 1911 and I keep it loaded with WWB rounds for HD.

            Glock's are by far one of the easiest guns to use and field strip and are really reliable as well. Good luck, sorry if I put way too much info out there for you

            -Gio
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

            Comment

            • #7
              Rob Roy
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 1261

              I'd go with 23C and then would buy 9mm barrel and a magazine. Also, drop in a regular .40 barrel and you got a non ported version. Also, I would get either 30 or 21, because I am a big fan of .45

              Comment

              • #8
                Bill92869
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2007
                • 596

                IMHO the .45ACP has never been questioned as to it's stopping power. Other calibers often seem to be praised as compromises, usually in the sense that they're not quite as effective, but allow for higher capacity. With a 10 round capacity limit on all of them that point is moot. So for pure defense I would go with a .45 ACP. The .40 and 10mm initially were favored by CHP for penetration of car doors. In a HD situation do you really want a round that may penetrate through several walls in a house where your family resides? Just some food for thought.....

                Of course for SHTF, I would lean towards the .40 or even a 10mm for the same reason.

                Comment

                • #9
                  gun_noob
                  Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 148

                  Buy a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought one and put over a 1000 rounds through it already. Never ever a jam. It shoots as well as my pop's kimber. You will not regret this buy.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Gio
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10251

                    Originally posted by gun_noob
                    Buy a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought one and put over a 1000 rounds through it already. Never ever a jam. It shoots as well as my pop's kimber. You will not regret this buy.
                    He wants a Glock, not a 1911 made by RIA

                    -Gio
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Zervaman
                      Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 103

                      Get the original glock that started it all, the G17!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Humboldt_G
                        Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 399

                        Originally posted by Gio
                        G17/19 or G21 it all depends on what you plan to do with the pistol? Home Defense or HD then go for a .45 it is a little more pricey for ammo. Still a good cal to shoot at the range. Or for plpinking and shooting paper or cans and what not then get a G17/19 depending on which fits your hands better. I just bought my first Glock yesterday which is a G17 since I have bigger hands and I am getting into 9mm AR stuf as well. I do a lot of shooting at ranges which involves paper targets mainly. So 9mm is a good platform for that, if you wanted to use it for HD you can always use Hollow Points. HP bullets are a llittle nastier when shot with, but if your life depends on it then so be it. With a .45 you can use Winchester White Box Value Pack rounds for HD and Target practice. I have a Kiimber Custom II .45 1911 and I keep it loaded with WWB rounds for HD.

                        Glock's are by far one of the easiest guns to use and field strip and are really reliable as well. Good luck, sorry if I put way too much info out there for you


                        -Gio
                        Not too much info, I appriciate it all. I am leaning towards the G21 or G30. I wish I had the chance to shoot them back to back to get an Idea how much different they are.
                        Originally posted by gun_noob
                        Buy a Rock Island Armory 1911 I bought one and put over a 1000 rounds through it already. Never ever a jam. It shoots as well as my pop's kimber. You will not regret this buy.
                        I have heard nothing but good things about the RIA 1911s. I really want a SA 1911 though. Glock for the money can;t be beat from what i've read and heard.
                        sigpic

                        A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Pres. Gerald Ford

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Humboldt_G
                          Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 399

                          I better just get a 19, 23, 21 and 30
                          sigpic

                          A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                          -Pres. Gerald Ford

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            slick_711
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 4400

                            Get a Glock 30SF and a Glock 36. And then take the slide off the 36 and put it on the 30SF frame. You now have the best CCW Glock never made.

                            Oi but that's not what you asked for is it. I'd honestly suggest the G19. Versatile, affordable ammunition, capable in defensive situations.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gio
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10251

                              Originally posted by Humboldt_G
                              I better just get a 19, 23, 21 and 30
                              It depends on how they feel in your hand? Sound slike you have more medium sized hands so a 19 would do you plenty. What is your main purpose of buying the firearm? How often you plan to train with it? Those are good deciding factors as well

                              -Gio
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1