Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommendation for quality and versatile sight tool

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    boltstop
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 927

    Originally posted by kenl
    +1. Not the cheapest out there, but it holds the slide securely and is built like a tank. Works well on our Glocks and XD.

    The only semi-complaint is its recommended to use cut up credit or business cards to prevent metal to metal contact. Getting the things to stay in place is .... interesting.
    Double sided tape maybe?

    Or perhaps use a few layers of blue tape in place of the cut up credit or business cards?

    Comment

    • #32
      AFTII
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2014
      • 1617

      Yea. I have the MGW Pro. It will do everything including the front site on a a Beretta Brigadier (I could find no other tool that would do this.) They are constantly updating the shoe selection. Spendy, but great tool.

      Comment

      • #33
        kenl
        Senior Member
        • May 2012
        • 1723

        Originally posted by boltstop
        Double sided tape maybe?

        Or perhaps use a few layers of blue tape in place of the cut up credit or business cards?
        I ended up double-sided taping in some iron-on patch material onto most of the surfaces, but still need the card scraps for the slide clamps and sight pusher. Easy once you figure out a technique, but I'm all thumbs, so the 1st time was entertaining.
        Last edited by kenl; 09-03-2019, 10:24 AM.
        sigpic

        California, the once-great first world state that is now a corrupt third world socialist cesspool.

        Comment

        • #34
          k1dude
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 15977

          I've had very good luck with this sight pusher. Use strips of ammo box cardboard, popsicle sticks, leather, or credit cards to protect the gun finish as previously mentioned.
          "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

          "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1