Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

50th Birthday present?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • $nake-Eye$
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 656

    50th Birthday present?

    Hey Calgunners,

    Thinking of getting something shiny (stainless) for my 50th birthday coming up sooner rather than later.

    Not looking to break the bank but about $1K shouldn’t upset the wife too much.
    77
    Springfield 1911 Loaded .45ACP 5" Stainless
    0%
    33
    S&W 686 Plus .357 Magnum 6"
    0%
    22
    Lots and lots of BACON!!! 🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓
    0%
    22
    All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. Daniel Boone
    sigpic



    Cable



    Guns... Lots of guns... John Wick
  • #2
    beanz2
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2008
    • 12032

    No, not lots and lots of bacon. At 50, that stuff goes straight into your coronary arteries LOL
    sigpic
    The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

    Comment

    • #3
      BajaJames83
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2011
      • 6041

      357 mag!!!
      NRA Endowment Life Member
      USMC 2001-2012

      Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

      John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
      James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

      Comment

      • #4
        Pretty fly for a Cabinetguy
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2016
        • 4379

        Loaded...mine is a 9mm...but it is a tackdriver, fun to shoot, cheap to feed, no issues...lifetime warranty if needed.

        On the .45 thingy...I went a little up the food chain...
        Wilson Protector .45, Springer 9mm Loaded, Franchi Instinct SL .12ga. and some other cool stuff for the kiddos...

        Comment

        • #5
          colossians323
          Crusader for the truth!
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 21637

          S&W 686
          LIVE FREE OR DIE!

          M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

          Originally posted by M. Sage
          I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

          Comment

          • #6
            whutsup40
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2009
            • 2727

            Take the 686 plus bacon!

            Comment

            • #7
              splithoof
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2015
              • 6028

              Ditch the wife.
              Red Corvette.
              New hot, blonde 25 YO girlfriend with an Instagram butt.

              Comment

              • #8
                God Bless America
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2014
                • 5165

                Depends.

                Comment

                • #9
                  rlewpolar
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 1447

                  50th Birthday present?

                  This is what I bought on my 50th birthday and it was a great decision looking back






                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    L84CABO
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 8776

                    Here's what you do...because you're turning 50! That's a huge milestone!

                    Go buy yourself a nice Wilson or whatever custom maker floats your boat. You're turning 50 man!

                    Then when the wife unit freaks, look her dead in the eye and say, "I just turned 50! YOLO! I love you! Now go make me a sammich...please!"

                    You're welcome.

                    "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                    Fighter Pilot

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      plumbum
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2010
                      • 5394

                      I don’t recommend stainless steel bacon...

                      686+ all the way!

                      Originally posted by splithoof
                      Ditch the wife.
                      Red Corvette.
                      New hot, blonde 25 YO girlfriend with an Instagram butt.
                      Well I don’t think I can afford a ‘vette just yet, I’m more into second gen Miata territory, but I think I can make that pass!
                      Originally posted by ysr_racer
                      Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Title1guy
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2015
                        • 1381

                        Beretta 92fs Inox or Sig P232 stainless.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SnWnMe
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 6897

                          Do something crazy.

                          Like skydiving.
                          Frank Da Tank

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            iMigraine
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 896

                            Both nice firearms, but I would give a slight nod to the S&W 686, especially if you get into reloading. Easily go from pop to BOOM!! in .357MAG. Also, using the 686 will be like using a lazer, highly accurate too.
                            sigpic

                            No Agenda Podcast - Obedience is best.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ysr_racer
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 12014

                              Why get a 686 7 shot when they make a 627 8 shot?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1