So I got this back last night from John and after all the time and effort he put into this gun I felt I had to post something. Fair warning me and my iPhone are not the worlds best photographers!
Let me preface this with, Springfield may make some good guns, they may make some good EMP's, this was not one of them sadly. It went back to their custom shop twice and still had failures to feed, failures to eject, shot high.. so I gave it to John. I will leave out the commentary but will provide a list of the work done to make this an accurate, reliable, carry gun.
I am truly fortunate that I see John shooting from time to time so he will bring the guns he is working on for me in for me to shoot, evaluate, then take back to refine. Its really more like having a gun tailored to me than anything else that I can think of as a comparison. I put 100 rounds through it last night without a single hiccup or issue, will put a lot more through it!










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Let me preface this with, Springfield may make some good guns, they may make some good EMP's, this was not one of them sadly. It went back to their custom shop twice and still had failures to feed, failures to eject, shot high.. so I gave it to John. I will leave out the commentary but will provide a list of the work done to make this an accurate, reliable, carry gun.
- Action Job
- Reliability tune
- Tune extra extractors - went for 2 as the springfield extractors are propriatary and poor quality
- Install his rear sight
- White oval front sight
- Serrated rear of slide, ejector and extractor to match - also had to trim down the slide to have it fit the frame properly
- Scallop ejection port
- Angle chamfer bottom of slide
- Arrow serrate top of slide
- French Border
- Fit Wilson magwell
- Relocate firing pin for off center breach face
- Trim slide stop
- Dehorn gun
I am truly fortunate that I see John shooting from time to time so he will bring the guns he is working on for me in for me to shoot, evaluate, then take back to refine. Its really more like having a gun tailored to me than anything else that I can think of as a comparison. I put 100 rounds through it last night without a single hiccup or issue, will put a lot more through it!










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment