Can anyone help me identify what year my S/W 5904 was built? I know there is a book out there but I only have this one question so my FRUGAL self doesn't want to buy it. Help??
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HELP???
Collapse
X
-
HELP???
Tags: None -
What's the serial range? -
-
Only thing I can find infers the gun was made post-1982. The "TDD" means nothing by itself, simply part of the sn.
I'd call S&W on Monday and ask.True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles DoranComment
-
Try asking someone at Smith-Wesson.com
Some members have the book and offer to check.Originally posted by Kestryll:
It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....Comment
-
You have what's called the "triple-alpha" serial number range. Referred to in the SCSW as the "dreaded" triple-alpha series. Not a whole lot of rhyme and reason behind them. A TBZ will be the same year THB and before a TFB. Very aggravating. i see no TDD listed and only one TD anything under the serial number section- a TDH for 1990. There are some TBs listed for 1988 and TCs listed for 1989. I wouldn't bet my life or (since I don't have an ex-wife or a mother in law) anyone else's but 1990 seems as good a guess as can be.
The catalog section for the 5904 lists product codes by year, if you have the box. I also see alot of TDA serial numbers starting in 1991.Last edited by dfletcher; 08-01-2019, 10:22 PM.GOA Member & SAF Life MemberComment
-
I appreciate it fellas. Was hoping someone on here had the book but calling is easy too.Comment
-
Thank you. Grabbing some Trijicon night sights and need the year so I get the right ones.You have what's called the "triple-alpha" serial number range. Referred to in the SCSW as the "dreaded" triple-alpha series. Not a whole lot of rhyme and reason behind them. A TBZ will be the same year THB and before a TFB. Very aggravating. i see no TDD listed and only one TD anything - a TDH for 1990. There are some TBs listed for 1988 and TCs listed for 1989. I wouldn't bet my life or (since I don't have an ex-wife or a mother in law) anyone else's but 1990 seems as good a guess as can be.Comment
-
Shameless plug...
There great guns. If you do score it and are in an area where standard mags are legally acceptable, I've got 4 or 5 mags left over from a 9mm carbine I sold a while ago. You can pm or email me from here.True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles DoranComment
-
PM inbound just now.True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles DoranComment
-
Revisit! Does anyone have a set of Trijicon SA04 sights they will part with ( I will post in WTB but thought this could get some traction)?Comment
-

Comment
-
Call SW, the books are not 100% accurateComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,773
Posts: 25,151,546
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18547 users online. 137 members and 18410 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment