Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Next Gun: Glock 34 or 35?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Philinsocal
    Member
    • Apr 2018
    • 445

    Next Gun: Glock 34 or 35?

    While I am a bit of a CZ fanboy, I recently rented a Glock 34 and a Glock 35 at LAX range and was really impressed with how well they shot. I really like them both.

    Is there any downside to buying the 35 and adding a 9mm conversion barrel. I would likely shoot 9mm quite a bit more than 40 but, it would be nice to have the option of shooting both.
  • #2
    jsigone
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 1211

    if you're a gamer, 34 for production, 35 for other classes. Not sure if you can shoot a conversion barrel in production (doubt it)

    for all else and don't mind another $160 kkm conversion barrel and more $30 mags x 3or4 minimum, I'd get a 35. Than again $1000 buy in gets a different level of weapon options.

    Personally not a fan of the Gen3 slick side panels, so I'm forced in with the RTF2 frames, Glock 17 or 22. They were released with both straight and fish gills serrations a couple yrs ago. Otherwise talon tape helps on the slick panel sides.

    Comment

    • #3
      Philinsocal
      Member
      • Apr 2018
      • 445

      I already have 9mm magazines and the 35 comes with 2 magazines so, I would probably only have to buy 2 40 mags. That said, I am still on the fence.

      Comment

      • #4
        jsigone
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 1211

        I'd honestly lean to the 35 and convert to shoot cheap on regular range trips. I'd get a better than average conversion barrel while I'm in there. S3f or KKM, ie similar over lonewolf $130 barrels. $160 for a KKM isn't bad at all from glock store. Would take 2000rounds to make up the cost of the barrel conversion. $14/40sw to $10/9mm. $160/4= 40 boxes of ammo

        Comment

        • #5
          Nephthys
          Member
          • Feb 2017
          • 300

          I did this recently. Found a super low mileage used g35, bought a conversion barrel for it, and for extra peace-of-mind replaced the ejector with a 9mm ejector. The conversion barrel is also thicker than the standard 9mm barrel, so there's that going for it as well

          Comment

          • #6
            Yodaman
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 2749

            Comment

            • #7
              plumbum
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2010
              • 5394

              Go for the G35 because: .357 SIG!

              And the 6” barrels always look cool in them.
              Originally posted by ysr_racer
              Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

              Comment

              • #8
                DrewN
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2012
                • 1887

                I'd get a better than average conversion barrel while I'm in there. S3f or KKM, ie similar over lonewolf $130 barrels.

                I have thousands of rounds on a cheap Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Shoots fine.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Diet_Soda
                  Junior Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • 11

                  I have both and I haven't touched the the 35 in 10+ years..

                  You can get a conversion barrel (I have a lonewolf) but the reality is that they do exactly the same thing.. The only thing being ammo is more expensive and the gun snaps more with .40 cal.

                  Between the two, the 34 is just more practical..

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    donnrcp
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 640

                    I have a Gen 3 34 and a Gen 3 21 SF. Really like the 34. I got the 21 to fill the gap of a aged 1911. Got a wild hair for the 45.....
                    . Enjoy whatever you chose [emoji16]


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JTROKS
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 13093

                      You won’t be able to shoot Production Division with the Glock 35 utilizing a 9mm conversion barrel. The club I used to shoot at will let me do it during club matches, but will not approve it for matches with prize table or sanctioned matches.
                      The wise man said just find your place
                      In the eye of the storm
                      Seek the roses along the way
                      Just beware of the thorns...
                      K. Meine

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Philinsocal
                        Member
                        • Apr 2018
                        • 445

                        Originally posted by DrewN
                        I'd get a better than average conversion barrel while I'm in there. S3f or KKM, ie similar over lonewolf $130 barrels.

                        I have thousands of rounds on a cheap Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Shoots fine.
                        Thanks for the tip. If I get a conversion barrel, I'll go for the KKM or S3f

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Philinsocal
                          Member
                          • Apr 2018
                          • 445

                          That's something to keep in mind. I do not shoot competition but, I would imagine that fact may also hurt potential resale.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Philinsocal
                            Member
                            • Apr 2018
                            • 445

                            Originally posted by donnrcp
                            I have a Gen 3 34 and a Gen 3 21 SF. Really like the 34. I got the 21 to fill the gap of a aged 1911. Got a wild hair for the 45.....
                            . Enjoy whatever you chose [emoji16]


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Wow -that contraption looks like a ton of fun.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              omega
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 3114

                              I would go with the Glock 34

                              buy the caliber you intend to shoot more as your original, I wouldnt rely on a conversion

                              using a conversion and switching calibers would probably cause uneven wear, better to keep the original barrel, slide together.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1