Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 gen 2 acting up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Christopher761
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2014
    • 855

    Glock 19 gen 2 acting up

    I fired off 125 rounds today at the range.

    About 4 times, the round ejected properly, and the slide came back, and peeled off a new round from the magazine, and loaded a new round into the chamber. The round was fully in battery. The only problem is that the trigger did not reset those 4 times.

    The biggest headache is that it only happens now and then.

    After that, I drop the mag, and reload the same round, and it works fine.

    Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix?
  • #2
    shafferds
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 1970

    Clean your gun. Did you change springs or how many rounds on your gun?

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      Watch Mosins video for a good explanation of how the reset works.

      Examine your connector, be sure it is cleaned and lubed. Perhaps the trigger bar is getting stuck. If you have not detail stripped and cleaned / lubed the lower and the trigger block in some time, perhaps you should.



      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        L-2
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2007
        • 1335

        Double-check the trigger spring placement, ensuring:
        -trigger spring not broken
        -trigger spring's hook isn't off to the side of the trigger bar's spring attachment point.

        Besides that, there's the trigger bar (the cruciform part) engagement with the firing pin. One of those special-half-height orange slide cover plates will be needed for the engagement check.
        (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

        Comment

        • #5
          Christopher761
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 855

          Originally posted by shafferds
          Clean your gun. Did you change springs or how many rounds on your gun?
          Probably 3-4K over 30 years. It did this same thing, so I did a complete spring refresh from wolffsprings.
          Last edited by Christopher761; 05-02-2019, 9:34 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Christopher761
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 855

            Originally posted by SkyHawk
            Watch Mosins video for a good explanation of how the reset works.

            Examine your connector, be sure it is cleaned and lubed. Perhaps the trigger bar is getting stuck. If you have not detail stripped and cleaned / lubed the lower and the trigger block in some time, perhaps you should.



            Thanks, I will give that a try after work tomorrow.

            Comment

            • #7
              SkyHawk
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2012
              • 23531

              As mentioned, make sure the trigger spring is not upside down or set off to the side, see this thread https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/im...heavy.1540020/




              It is also possible the spring is weak or broken, time for a $2 replacement.
              Last edited by SkyHawk; 05-02-2019, 9:41 PM.
              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

              Comment

              • #8
                aca72
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3250

                Originally posted by Christopher761
                Probably 3-4K over 30 years. It did this same thing, so I did a complete spring refresh from wolffsprings.
                Refresh it again with OEM parts this time.

                Shop Online Glock parts and Glock accessories at RockyourGlock 100% trusted Store in USA. Buy products at best price with Fast & Secure Shipping.
                Long live CALGUNS!

                Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

                Comment

                • #9
                  BigPimping
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 21487

                  If it becomes unbearable, please let me know. I run a Haven for unwanted Glocks. Cash, new bills crisp and clean. In your wallet in 24 hours.
                  sigpic

                  PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                  When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                  Don't let your history be a mystery

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Milsurp1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • 3091

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      G-forceJunkie
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 6478

                      Assuming al lthe parts are stock, it can only be the trigger assembly, connector, or striker. Trigger and connector are cheap, I would replace them and check the trigger bar/striker engaugment.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Christopher761
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 855

                        Originally posted by SkyHawk
                        As mentioned, make sure the trigger spring is not upside down or set off to the side, see this thread https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/im...heavy.1540020/

                        It is also possible the spring is weak or broken, time for a $2 replacement.
                        It appears that the spring was not installed properly when the gunsmith changed the springs. The www.glocktalk.com post you referenced described the problem perfectly. I will make the correction, and then I will try it at the range again.

                        Thanks for all of your help.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Christopher761
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2014
                          • 855

                          Followup:

                          After putting the trigger return spring int he right way, it was better, but not 100%.

                          I took it to the range, and the trigger reset failure was less, but was still happening. Mostly on first or second round in the magazine.

                          I tried rolling the slide across the frame to see how tight the frame was, and it seemed loose.

                          I decided to try replacing parts. I bought oem replacement springs. And I bought new trigger and trigger bar, and the trigger block in the back and a new 5.5 connector. All Oem. Before taking it to the range, I could tell the slide was much tighter on the frame. I took it to the range and fired over 200 rounds without a single trigger reset failure.

                          I am not sure which part really helped. But since the parts only cost $50 including shipping, i decided to replace the all at once.

                          Thanks for the help.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1