Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.45 ACP . . . Should I?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    phdo
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2010
    • 3870

    Go for it. I love the 1911 and the .45ACP is a byproduct.

    Comment

    • #17
      Questcoast
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2018
      • 32

      The answer is YES. I just purchased my first .45ACP 1911. All I can say is I wish I would've picked one up sooner. Do not wait, go right now!

      Comment

      • #18
        phdo
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2010
        • 3870

        I think everyone should have at least one 1911 in their arsenal.

        Comment

        • #19
          FresnoRob
          Senior Member
          • May 2013
          • 2133

          Of course you should. Every gun owner needs a 1911 in .45

          Comment

          • #20
            Skip_Dog
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2017
            • 2656

            Just do it. I bought ammo mags and holster before I broke my first one out of jail. I only wish I did it 10+ years before.

            Comment

            • #21
              wpage
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2011
              • 6072

              .45 is just a classic. Got to go for it...
              God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
              John 3:16

              NRA,,, Lifer

              United Air Epic Fail Video ...

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

              Comment

              • #22
                BajaJames83
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2011
                • 6043

                Or better yet dump 9mm and replace it with 45
                NRA Endowment Life Member
                USMC 2001-2012

                Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                Comment

                • #23
                  IVth Horseman
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 1583

                  Quit resisting, quit resisting!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    DDM4556
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Jun 2014
                    • 2601

                    45 is fun. My CZ 97 makes it feel like 9mm.
                    iTrader: 52 transactions, 100% positive.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      L84CABO
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 8779

                      Waaaaay back in the very beginning I was smart enough to limit myself to two functional pistol calibers. These would be for the guns I purchased and the ammo I stocked. I chose 9mm and 45 acp. YMMV. I've managed to hold to this. And suffice it to say that I don't even have all the 9mm and 45 acp's that I want and I can barely keep them all fed. I couldn't imagine if I was trying to maintain .40's and other calibers including holsters, mags and all the various accessories that go along with it.

                      Now at some point I may also pickup a .357 revolver and perhaps a .10mm. But these will be regarded as range toys and I won't stock and maintain ammo and accessories for them.

                      At least...these are the lies I tell myself.

                      So...there you go. Get the 45. It will be a "range toy!"

                      You're welcome.

                      We are NOTHING here if not enablers.
                      "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                      Fighter Pilot

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        snacks
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 939

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          rubbman
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 652

                          1911's are a hell of a drug!
                          I once pondered over the debate of 9mm vs. .40, then I was introduced to .38 super and 10mm and forgot all about it.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            dyjag
                            Member
                            • Jun 2015
                            • 128

                            Go for it. Something special about the 1911 in 45 acp. I still marvel at the workmanship and functionality.
                            NRA Lifetime Member

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Old Flash
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 1224

                              For sure get that 1911 in 45ACP and see what the fuss is all about. And like other folks are saying, stock up on ammo too.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                saudadeii
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 3468

                                Funny, I have ammo for guns I don't even own. With the "ammo ban", I switched to stocking ammo and picked up stuff for guns I thought I might buy in the future.

                                .45ACP is NOT one of them. A pair of 1911s scratches my itch for now. Once I make my escape, most of my poly pistols will go bye bye so some more steel/alloy will go buy, buy!!
                                My Marketplace Feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k#post54003245

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1