Has anyone disassembled one to the point of removing the trigger and DA drawbar assembly? I have a DA problem and the only way I'm certain of correcting is by doing a little work on the drawbar - here's the problem.
Pulling the trigger in DA mode doesn't always drop the hammer. The back end of the drawbar, which is supposed to slip off its engagement point of the hammer at nearly full cock, doesn't always. The engagement is a bit too "proud" so to speak.
The drawbar is supposed to cam down and out of engagement as the hammer hits fully cocked. That's controlled by the top point of the drawbar interacting with a cut on the slide. I don't want to fiddle with that and since the issue is one of the drawbar not moving down sufficiently, seems to me "adding metal" would be required.
Any help on disassembly or other way to correct is appreciated.
BTW, DA will function with a very strong, quick pull. And SA is unaffected. But I like to be slow and deliberate and that's when the problem pops up.
Pulling the trigger in DA mode doesn't always drop the hammer. The back end of the drawbar, which is supposed to slip off its engagement point of the hammer at nearly full cock, doesn't always. The engagement is a bit too "proud" so to speak.
The drawbar is supposed to cam down and out of engagement as the hammer hits fully cocked. That's controlled by the top point of the drawbar interacting with a cut on the slide. I don't want to fiddle with that and since the issue is one of the drawbar not moving down sufficiently, seems to me "adding metal" would be required.
Any help on disassembly or other way to correct is appreciated.
BTW, DA will function with a very strong, quick pull. And SA is unaffected. But I like to be slow and deliberate and that's when the problem pops up.
