Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ Tactical Sport

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Franklincollector
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 931

    CZ Tactical Sport

    So I finally broke the second one out of jail. I have a bnib TS that I will keep as such, but these two I want to trick out. What should I do, and where should I buy the stuff? I know the Cajun gun works stuff. What would you do if price wasn’t really a concern? Sequential serial numbers by the way.

    Last edited by Franklincollector; 03-04-2019, 8:44 PM.
  • #2
    ericyong
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2016
    • 30

    Also check out http://www.fire-4-effect.com/

    Comment

    • #3
      nn3453
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 2245

      For a fun range toy?

      Sights,
      Flat face trigger adjusted for pre/post travel,
      CZ Comp hammer,
      Match sear,
      Comp mainspring,
      Magwell,
      Metal recoil rod,
      Grips,
      Maybe a fitted bushing.

      Maybe a refinish/cerakote.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        soulbyte
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 848

        The tactical sport doesn't need much. I suggest you shoot it first to establish what you might need for your purpose.

        In my experience, I wouldn't go and buy the fire control parts from CGW or CZC. The TS already comes with a great trigger. I shoot competition (USPSA Limited) with mine the only things that I changed were the sights off the bat. Fiber front and adjustable rear.

        I then noticed I couldn't get a good grip with the wood grips so I changed them out for the rubber SPO1 grips.

        I then noticed when drawing at a match i would miss disengaging the safety because of the way I grip the gun so ordered the extended wide safeties from CZC.

        I then noticed I would miss some of my reloads, so to help out I ordered the large magwell from CZC.

        Point being, the TS is a great gun already. Shoot the gun a lot before you start changing things. You'll save money that way.

        Oh and to answer your question, if money wasn't a concern, Fire4Effect definitely.
        Last edited by soulbyte; 03-04-2019, 9:20 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Franklincollector
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2014
          • 931

          Thank you all for the info.

          Do you know if the CZ TS Medium Grips Aluminum SILVER (FOR MAG WELL) will work with CZ Tactical Sport Mag Well LARGE? I’m looking at the site but I’m a bit confused.

          Comment

          • #6
            soulbyte
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 848

            Originally posted by Franklincollector
            Thank you all for the info.

            Do you know if the CZ TS Medium Grips Aluminum SILVER (FOR MAG WELL) will work with CZ Tactical Sport Mag Well LARGE? I’m looking at the site but I’m a bit confused.
            Yes if you're talking about the ones from CZC. The medium grips are specifically made to work with their large magwell.

            Grips:
            CZ Tactical Sports Medium Grips Aluminum SILVER (FOR MAG WELL) Ultra THIN MEDIUM length Aluminum Grips for the CZ Tactical Sports (IPSC) with factory polymer magazine well. These grips are also compatible NEW IPSC Tactical Sports Mag Well item #10192. These ultra thin grips slim down the CZ TS (IPSC) to a much more manageable size. Available in SILVER only. Not for TSO or Czechmate Magwells. Includes grip screws & skate tape panels.


            or

            CZ Tactical Sports Medium Grips Aluminum SILVER Aggressive checker (FOR MAG WELL) Ultra THIN MEDIUM length Aluminum Grips for the CZ Tactical Sports (IPSC) with factory polymer magazine well. These grips are also compatible NEW IPSC Tactical Sports Mag Well item #10192. These ultra thin grips slim down the CZ TS (IPSC) to a much more manageable size. Available in SILVER only. Not for TSO or Czechmate magwells.Includes grip screws


            Magwell:



            or

            Angus Hobdell welcomes you to Ghost Products Inc IPSC USPSA shooting needs Ghost Holster Dillon Precision Doug Koenig Low Mass Hammers Aftec Extractors, Limcat Long Firing Pins, CR Speed CR-Speed, Rescomp Versa Pouch CR Belt Cr Holsters Bladetech Starline Brass Vihtavuori Powder Zero Bullets Aimpoint Scopes C More, 1050 Bullet Feeder Pro Grip Ghost Holster Ultimate Ghost 1911 Parts Saul Kirsch Double Alpha CZ Custom CZUB CED CZUSA
            Last edited by soulbyte; 03-04-2019, 9:43 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Franklincollector
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 931

              Perfect. Now if I can just find them in black.

              Comment

              • #8
                soulbyte
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 848

                For grips and magwells you might want to check armorycraft as well

                Comment

                • #9
                  Litespeeds
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2015
                  • 3260

                  The best looking grips and magwell are the CZ Czechmate ones. Those will dress up the Tactical Sport really nice.
                  Last edited by Litespeeds; 03-05-2019, 7:23 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    81turbota
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 2956

                    Excellent taste of pistols. My TS is one of my go to range guns. I put a few thousand rounds through it before I sent it to CGW.

                    My mods off the bat were-
                    CZC slim grips since I don’t have large hands
                    FO front sight, very easy to acquire in the black rear.

                    I asked CGW to “smooth and tune” it along with the aluminum flat trigger and race hammer. I haven’t shot it since receiving it back but it feels nice. As others have said the TS doesn’t need much as it was excellent stock.

                    One fault I’ll give it is the vague safety that was easily bumped or worked its way onto safe.
                    C&R nut.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Palmaris
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 6497

                      I have TS and only couple of things I would change-magwell, slim grips as need ( I don't really need, but if change magwell-it is must because original grips will not work), Fiber Optic front sight (I replace from Dawson Precision). I replace guide rod and recoil spring bushing (I made them by myself), but I don't think it is really needed. I keep original rear sight-use as hook to charge slide.
                      Here is my thread for TSO, go though it, you might find some info for yourself.
                      Last edited by Palmaris; 03-04-2019, 11:28 PM.
                      sd_shooter:
                      CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                      In real life: No one

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        himurax13
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 3895

                        I would go with an aluminum trigger with pre travel adjustments, CZC grip and magwell, CZC extended LHS safety, CGW Race hammer, CZC fixed rear sight, and a Dawson Front Sight. You can add a Nitrofin if that tickles your fancy.



                        Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by himurax13; 03-05-2019, 2:22 AM.
                        Originally posted by Bumslie
                        HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                        Originally posted by Sleighter
                        Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                        Lifetime NRA member.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tanks
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • 4038

                          Here is mine:

                          "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
                          "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Tehjosheh
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 935

                            Originally posted by soulbyte
                            The tactical sport doesn't need much. I suggest you shoot it first to establish what you might need for your purpose.
                            excellent response, too many people try and shortcut this!

                            by the way, I've had excellent results with LOK grips. i am a full fan of G-10 grips my hands get sweaty so aluminum isn't my best friend.

                            I ordered: CZ 75 Palm Swell Bogies Blood Red G10, medium length, and they work with my CZ Customs IPSC magwell perfectly. they will respond quickly if you have any compatibility questions.

                            note, with a magwell, you will likely want base plates. I just ordered some from springer precision:


                            can report back with magwell compatibility although second post on my original post here says they are compatibility (and just about the cheapest option!)

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tehjosheh
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 935

                              Originally posted by himurax13
                              I would go with an aluminum trigger with pre travel adjustments, CZC grip and magwell, CZC extended LHS safety, CGW Race hammer, CZC fixed rear sight, and a Dawson Front Sight. You can add a Nitrofin if that tickles your fancy.
                              very nice setup! how does the nitrofin work? is it just a thumb shelf? do you lose your slide stop function? how do you drop your slide if so?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1