Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can’t remove S&W “quick change” front sight .. advice?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lead Waster
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 16650

    Can’t remove S&W “quick change” front sight .. advice?

    ==================

    sigpic


    Remember to dial 1 before 911.

    Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

    There. Are. Four. Lights!
  • #2
    camshaft
    Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 372

    On one gun, I had to remove the pin. Then and only then would it come out. Also, you can put the gun muzzle up, and put some light gun oil in there for a while (in the hole where you see the pin, not the barrel) and then pushing down on the sight several times to let the oil in, should make it easier to come out.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      camshaft
      Member
      • Sep 2013
      • 372

      This sight itself isn't pinned , but it has a pin, and deeper inside there is a spring and a plunger that keeps the sight in place.
      IME I've found sand inside the hole - presumably when the gun is glass bead finished. And that becomes a problem when trying to remove the sight new.

      Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        Thanks Camshaft, I'll drip some kroil in there and see what happens
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • #5
          ysr_racer
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 12014

          OP, which sight did you get? How tall, how wide?

          Any idea of the stock dimensions?
          Last edited by ysr_racer; 02-20-2019, 6:42 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            plumbum
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 5394

            I’d suggest a hammer, followed by a dremel... and you should post it to YouTube.
            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

            Comment

            • #7
              Lead Waster
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 16650

              Originally posted by ysr_racer
              OP, which sight good you get? How tall, how wide?

              Any idea of the stock dimensions?
              Dawson fiber optic, .110" wide, .250" tall. The .250 is supposed to match closely the stock gold-bead sight. I find .100 nice, but maybe a touch thin. .250 width is too wide for my taste.

              Not sure how thick the original front sight is. I can measure at home later for you.
              ==================

              sigpic


              Remember to dial 1 before 911.

              Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

              There. Are. Four. Lights!

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1