Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ccw permit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16

    Originally posted by jnojr:
    RE: the CCW Map
    -http://www.packing.org/gs/ca_counties.gif
    Even from it's source (Packing.org), it's widely accepted that the map is rather optimistic in it's county by county ratings regarding ease of CCW procurement.

    The addition of a 2nd Amendment clause to our state constitution would, IMO, be of immense help in establishing irrefutable "good cause" for the application process.

    Comment

    • #17
      trigger happy
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2005
      • 9

      kern valley gun club.(lake isabella)

      Comment

      • #18
        gloxter
        Member
        • Apr 2005
        • 299

        Turbinator: As you can see from the map, it is generally easier to obtain a permit in "rural" areas. I live in one such area. Politics has a LOT to do with the Chief Law Enforcement Officers' generousity in granting permits: they are ELECTED officials in my county, a county of fewer than 200,000 residents. The process was rather simple. Take an approved course, qualify, have prints taken, pay the fee, and submit a "cause" statement. There are a multitude of causes, or reasons that people use. Unfortunately, what may work in one county, might not work in another. It's sad, but true. It's hipocritical that a just cause, and a successful one at that is: "carry(ing) large sums of cash/valuable goods during the course of (my/your) business. It's an often accepted "cause", but try to defend yourself after killing someone over PROPERTY. Remember this is sue-happy Kalifornia, after all! Anyhow, there is a gentleman in the San Diego area who helps people develop their individually tailored "cause" statements, but I don't have that info right now. I'll try to get it to you, or perhaps another member knows of him. I believe he does it for free. Good luck to you. -gloxter

        Comment

        • #19
          Eyespy
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2004
          • 16

          California CCW

          Kimber Compact .45acp Stainless
          Colt Magnum Carry .357 magnum snubnose revolver

          Comment

          • #20
            PGBsuperior

            Originally posted by ady:
            how many here have a carry concealed permit and what is your choice of weapon?
            Have CA permit, carry SIG P229 .40

            Amy

            Comment

            • #21
              Turbinator
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 11960

              Originally posted by gloxter:
              Turbinator: As you can see from the map, it is generally easier to obtain a permit in "rural" areas. I live in one such area.
              Thanks for the info, and the map is great (I'm in a red area, so unless I'm hooked up, I'm basically screwed over), but I generally disagree with one part of the map in which I have experience living - Yolo County. Not all areas of Yolo County allow easy to get carry permits. I researched how many permits were issued many years ago when I had access to that data, and there were exactly 2 permits issued for a town of 40,000 people. Great, huh? This was in Yolo County.

              Turby

              Comment

              • #22
                jnojr
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2005
                • 8074

                Originally posted by Basura Blanca:
                The addition of a 2nd Amendment clause to our state constitution would, IMO, be of immense help in establishing irrefutable "good cause" for the application process.
                True, but nobody is interested in seeing that happen.



                I'll check back with Dave to see if Don Kilmer is going to reintroduce the ballot measure next year. But we'd need a real grassroots movement to get it qualified, and with the general apathy of California gun owners, I just don't see that happening. Maybe a non-profit could be formed and solicit donations from gun manufacturers and the like... they would have a stake in seeing the CA AWB, drop-test law, etc. be repealed.


                San Diego FFLs | San Diego ranges
                I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. --Thomas Jefferson
                ** I had my San Diego County CCW... you can, too!

                Comment

                • #23

                  Originally posted by jnojr:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turbinator:
                  I'm really curious how folks actually get CCW's here in CA. Seems tough.
                  </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

                  Los Angeles should be red.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Cazach
                    Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 237

                    Originally posted by ady:
                    kern valley gun club.(lake isabella)
                    Nice club, overlooks the lake and near the airport.

                    I know people that belong to it and are almost ashamed at how low the annual dues are compared to the convience and value factor.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      imported_QuarterBoreGunner
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2002
                      • 42

                      Cali CCW - Glock 30 and S&W 637 on the permit.
                      /Chris

                      \"Honest Honey, this isn\'t a new rifle, it was just in the back of the safe...\"

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        imported_booknut
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2003
                        • 77

                        More than one CCW
                        carry Glock 30, S&W 642, trying out a 1911.
                        booknut

                        Comment

                        • #27

                          utah ccw permit, soon to add florida, but not cali yet. when I do carry, it'll be my ruger p89 until I get something smaller.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Boondocksaint
                            Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 116

                            I asked about a CCW permit in san Diego county and you can get one if you constantly have one million dollars on you.
                            It's high noon somewhere....

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              taloft
                              Well used Member
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 2696

                              Hey Boondocksaint,

                              I live in San Diego as well, and I can tell you from the circles I grew up in that you pretty much have to be a member of the "good ol' boys" network. I've known several ccw holders. The common theme with all of them is money. They all have it, If you're rich, a member of the rotory club, attending charity functions with the chargers, your fishing partner in next week's S.D. bass pro tournament is the chief of police. etc. ad nausea. Then your odds of obtaining a CCW go up dramatically. Like most things in life it's all about cash and connections.

                              I admit that this was years ago. I don't know if it is that way still. I would hazard to guess that it still is based on what you're saying.

                              I'm sure that's not true for all of them but, I sure would be interested in seeing the median income for those who have a CCW Permit in San Diego.
                              .




                              "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."--Plato

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Boondocksaint
                                Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 116

                                Personally, I don't have a real reason to carry. I am not often in bad neighborhoods and don't carry much cash (I'm married)

                                A couple years ago, however was a different story. I drove around the county for a rehab company to VERY bad neighborhoods. I would literaly walk into a crack house or a gang house and sweat it until I left.

                                Luckilly, nothing bad happened, but I still would've liked my trusty .45 on my hip.
                                It's high noon somewhere....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1