Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marketplace Question? Glock... Frame ONLY?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SteelPastor
    Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 219

    Marketplace Question? Glock... Frame ONLY?

    .

    I noticed that it is not allowed to place a discussion thread in the marketplace, but I have a question. I have seen several instances where Glock frames are listed for sale. I understand that they are the serialized part... but how does someone end up with a frame only?

    The reason I am asking is that I am considering getting a G19 and adding a customized aftermarket slide and RMR. Getting the frame only would seem a way to keep my cost down.

    What am I missing?

    .
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Frame only is legal if PPT, consignment, or if DROS’d with a slide and lower parts kit that you then sell back or return for credit.

    There isn’t much to it.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      223556
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3345

      Glock owners maybe parting out there collections?
      Keeping the slide assembly to swap in another glock frame/caliber conversion.
      "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

      "Between your faith and my Glock 9mm I'll take the Glock."
      - Arnold Schawarzenegger (End of Days)

      Comment

      • #4
        Quiet
        retired Goon
        • Mar 2007
        • 30242

        Originally posted by SteelPastor
        The reason I am asking is that I am considering getting a G19 and adding a customized aftermarket slide and RMR. Getting the frame only would seem a way to keep my cost down.
        FYI.

        2A Zone, CA FFL dealer in Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga, is currently offering Glock 19 Gen 3 frames.
        ^12-20-18 sales ad on their Facebook page.

        You buy complete NIB Glock 19 Gen 3 and then you sell back the slide assembly & other parts.

        $225 for stripped Glock 19 Gen 3 frame.
        $250 for complete Glock 19 Gen 3 frame.

        Contact them for more details.
        Last edited by Quiet; 12-23-2018, 9:47 PM.
        sigpic

        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

        Comment

        • #5
          micro911
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 2346

          I bought a complete Glock 17 frame from a member. I added a complete slide/barrel unit that I had. Now, I have a complete pistol. I like it.

          Comment

          • #6
            waygeekierthanu
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Sep 2010
            • 2728

            I sell frame only brand new. Glock 19 and 17 in stock.

            EDIT: Ha, thanks quiet
            We have 2011 single shot pistols available!

            We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

            We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

            website

            Comment

            • #7
              pablo7
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2007
              • 872

              Originally posted by waygeekierthanu
              I sell frame only brand new. Glock 19 and 17 in stock.

              EDIT: Ha, thanks quiet
              Got any OD 19 frames..?

              Comment

              • #8
                SteelPastor
                Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 219

                Hey now! I was thinking about OD! LOL.


                Originally posted by pablo7
                Got any OD 19 frames..?

                Comment

                • #9
                  waygeekierthanu
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 2728

                  Black only, but I can have a frame cerakoted for you for about 75 bucks

                  Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                  We have 2011 single shot pistols available!

                  We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

                  We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

                  website

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Paperchasin
                    YOU are next!!
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 6407

                    Originally posted by SteelPastor
                    .

                    I noticed that it is not allowed to place a discussion thread in the marketplace, but I have a question. I have seen several instances where Glock frames are listed for sale. I understand that they are the serialized part... but how does someone end up with a frame only?

                    The reason I am asking is that I am considering getting a G19 and adding a customized aftermarket slide and RMR. Getting the frame only would seem a way to keep my cost down.

                    What am I missing?

                    .
                    When Polymer80 Glock frames hit the market, the demand for Glock LPKs and Slides/barrels was at an all time high. I've seen complete slides sell for close to $500. If you do the math, you will see that buying a complete pistol and parting out the slide results in a pretty decent deal for a frame. I'm not sure how much complete slides fetch today but if you want iust a frame I would recommend buying a complete pistol and then selling the complete slide/barrel.
                    Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1