Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ SP-01 VS SP-01 Tactical Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Philinsocal
    Member
    • Apr 2018
    • 445

    CZ SP-01 VS SP-01 Tactical Question

    You can buy a CZ SP-01 new for around $659 plus fees yet the SP-01 Tactical seems to run around $1000 used. Is the only difference a safety versus a decocker (and on versus off roster)?
  • #2
    559BearDown
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 1555

    That is correct

    Comment

    • #3
      Philinsocal
      Member
      • Apr 2018
      • 445

      Originally posted by 559BearDown
      That is correct
      Wow...I'll stick with the standard SP-01 then. A Decocker is nice but, that is excessive.

      Comment

      • #4
        Litespeeds
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 3260

        Anything not in the CA Roster sells for a premium. Once in awhile there will be a nice guy who will sell an off roster gun at free state prices but those get sold so quickly and there will be a line of buyers wanting it.

        Comment

        • #5
          Litespeeds
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2015
          • 3260

          If you want a decocker, get a P-01

          Comment

          • #6
            Philinsocal
            Member
            • Apr 2018
            • 445

            Originally posted by Litespeeds
            If you want a decocker, get a P-01
            I had a P-01 but sold it. I prefer full-size guns (I don't have a concealed carry permit) and can live without the decocker.

            Comment

            • #7
              dohc
              Member
              • Oct 2016
              • 173


              Got both. Haven’t mod them yet

              Comment

              • #8
                crufflers
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2011
                • 12723

                Originally posted by Litespeeds
                If you want a decocker, get a P-01
                or PCR

                Comment

                • #9
                  Starslinger
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • 1486

                  I have the opposite problem. I want the P-01 with the manual safety option (P-01 Omega) but it's the decocker version that's on roster.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    osis32
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 5912

                    The tactical is nice but not worth double. I only recommend it if you absolutely hate cocked and locked.
                    Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      stormvet
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 12681

                      I’ve had both still have the regular model not interested in DA/SA anymore, I much prefer the safety version. The fact it’s on the roster and cheaper is a bonus.
                      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        toopercentmlk
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 1257

                        The standard SP-01 with manual saftey is known to have a better trigger compared to the tactical, and tends to take custom trigger work better too. Supposedly the extra parts in the decocker model is to blame, but it's only slightly noticeable if at all.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Philinsocal
                          Member
                          • Apr 2018
                          • 445

                          Originally posted by toopercentmlk
                          The standard SP-01 with manual saftey is known to have a better trigger compared to the tactical, and tends to take custom trigger work better too. Supposedly the extra parts in the decocker model is to blame, but it's only slightly noticeable if at all.
                          Good to know! Thank you for the information.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Philinsocal
                            Member
                            • Apr 2018
                            • 445

                            Originally posted by osis32
                            The tactical is nice but not worth double. I only recommend it if you absolutely hate cocked and locked.
                            I'll mainly be using it at the range so, it does not make much difference. With the difference in price, I will definitely get the manual safety version.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              toopercentmlk
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 1257

                              Originally posted by Philinsocal
                              I'll mainly be using it at the range so, it does not make much difference. With the difference in price, I will definitely get the manual safety version.
                              Good decision, especially for a range gun. My SP01 is on dedicated nightstand duty loaded with 147gr HSTs, sporting Lok Bogie grips (super grippy) and a streamlight TLR-1 HL.

                              The hammer can be safely lowered on a live round using two hands and while pointed in a safe direction. During 'run and gun' situations, be it training or a real fight, simply engage the safety before you move or during a lull. This would be similar to 1911 or AR15 handling. I'm sure there are other opinions out there, but that's how I've been trained. Considering all that, no need for a decocker or cheesy "Tactical" roll mark for me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1