Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Gunsmith in OC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Doheny
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2008
    • 13820

    1911 Gunsmith in OC

    I inherited my Dad's Colt Defender, NIB, never fired. I've taken it to the range a couple of times and it had a bad habit of ejecting brass straight at my forehead. It's bad enough that it's no fun to shoot, knowing you're gonna get whacked in the head. After read some other boards, it appears that Defenders are know for this.

    Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in OC that can tweak it so that the brass goes in a direction other than my forehead? Thanks in advance.
    Sent from Free America
  • #2
    J-cat
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2005
    • 6626



    I trust him. I don't trust the others.

    Comment

    • #3
      Pryde
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 2506

      Alan Tanaka:



      Other than the legendary Jim Hoag in Canoga Park, there is no other truly skilled 1911 smith anywhere in So Cal. Alan is definitely a master craftsman when it comes to 1911s and he takes his work very seriously. (Just look at the link and see what it takes to become a member of the American Pistolsmith Guild)

      I had used other smiths before for quick cheapo work and sometimes I got half-assed work that is functional but ugly, Alan will take the time to do it right the first time and everything he returns looks clean and well finished. He's my go to guy now.
      Last edited by Pryde; 04-04-2009, 3:21 PM.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1