Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Newer CA friendly comp for glocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    MosinVirus
    Happily Infected
    CGN Contributor
    • Sep 2013
    • 5282

    My experience with comps is limited

    Strike's comp bore seems to be wider to allow the barrel OD to pass. Same thing as 1911 bushing comps.

    The other one may be a little more effective if it had more baffles.

    Would be interesting to see a comparison.
    Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

    Comment

    • #17
      BarrettM99
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2015
      • 2199

      There was a Glock standoff device a while back that attached to the accessory rail and doubled as a compensator. It was for CQC. To prevent the dead trigger that results when the slide is pushed slightly to the rear during a scuffle.

      These compensators/stand-off devices aren’t my cup of tea. I think they’re ugly as a donkey’s scrotum and gimmicky but to each his own.

      I just don’t think Glock needs any more help in the ugly department.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        Guns and guitars
        Banned
        • Mar 2012
        • 1548

        this.

        Comment

        • #19
          crufflers
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2011
          • 12723

          Originally posted by railroader
          Why not just buy an extended ported barrel? These are $100. They don't look great either but they would be easier to take out of the slide.

          Exactly...one piece no fuss for $100 if you want a comped barrel. The part that makes it hard to deal with (BIG EFFING SQUARE COMP AS BIG AS THE FREAKING SLIDE normally with threaded barrel which is a no-no) is what makes it desirable to a lot of people. I hate that Roland special look but totally get it if you think it is cool looking. Personally I have a 40-9 conversion barrel that is longer and comped - and I wish it was normal standard length. I had to have a 40-9 way back when and that was the only one in-stock - it was going into a 22C so what the heck. I don't shoot it at all nowadays anyway.

          The stock Glock offerings are nice too. 17C and 22C always look nice to me.

          As far as long slide profiles... I'd rather have all slide and barrel... like a 6" 17L or 40. YMMV.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1