Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

RUGER LCP .380 ACP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gunmunkee
    Member
    • Oct 2017
    • 135

    RUGER LCP .380 ACP

    Anyone shot one...worthwhile to pick up for cheap?
  • #2
    Calif Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 3323

    I have one that will be listed on my CCW license. It is really just an "up close and personal" option that is easy to carry in a pocket holster. Recoil is not bad. Accuracy is okay for 5 to 7 yards, perhaps a bit more as the sights are tiny.

    Comment

    • #3
      stormvet
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Mar 2010
      • 12681

      I have the LCP II, it’s worth it. Very reliable and has a nice trigger, easy to shot well out to 10 yards and that’s all your really ever going to use it for. Of course it’s not a range gun or something your gonna put a lot of rounds through, but it’s darn good for what it is. I picked it over the G42 for it’s smaller size, great back up gun.

      I’ve also heard good things about the regular LCP although the trigger is a long fairly heavy double action pull.
      Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

      Comment

      • #4
        gunmunkee
        Member
        • Oct 2017
        • 135

        Great...at $170 from Palmetto sounds like I can't go wrong.

        Comment

        • #5
          DNA
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1517

          Yes indeed. The original LCP are solid little pistols, the IIs by all accounts are improved versions of the original.

          Just make sure that you're not roster bound if you're ordering from PSA.

          Dan

          Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by bigmike82
          That doesn't matter.

          If you believe in Liberty, you should believe it for everyone, not simply those whom you agree with.

          Comment

          • #6
            RollingCode3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3221

            Originally posted by gunmunkee
            Great...at $170 from Palmetto sounds like I can't go wrong.
            Unless you are exempt from the roster then you have to pay the transfer fee.
            Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

            Comment

            • #7
              gunmunkee
              Member
              • Oct 2017
              • 135

              Well....moved to Utah recently so GTG

              Comment

              • #8
                stormvet
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2010
                • 12681

                Originally posted by gunmunkee
                Well....moved to Utah recently so GTG
                If your in Utah your going to want to try the trigger on both the LCP and the LCP II, there are other upgrades to the II besides the trigger. But the trigger on the II is night and day from the first gens.
                Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Title1guy
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 1381

                  If they are selling the LCP (Gen 2), not the LCPII, for that price, and you pick one up; I’d like to suggest a few mods. Get a Hogue Handall grip, which will give you a better purchase and mitigate recoil a bit. Also, a stainless steel guide rod and 13lb spring from Galloway will turn it into a more pleasant shooter. Lasermax and Crimson Trace make excellent lasers for the LCP, should you decide to get one. the Xtreme Penetrator and/or Xtreme Defender .380 Ammo from Underwood will turn it into a potent little pocket rocket. Just make sure to shoot a few rounds of any chosen ammo to make sure it works reliably in your particular pistol. Purchasing one or two factory 7 round mags are also worthwhile. Note: Placing an LCP in your pocket will require a decent pocket holster. I like the Sticky and Desantis Superfly holsters myself. Be warned, once you start carrying an LCP in your pocket, any 9mm pocket pistols will feel like an anvil in there. Good luck!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Kevfin
                    Member
                    • Aug 2018
                    • 376

                    The LCP is a nice close up belly gun that is still accurate beyond 20 feet or more depending on how much you practice with it. It is DAO and when you fire the last round the slide does not lock back - train a lot with this gun. The early production runs had trigger issues (do a search here for more info or or PM me - I'll look for the serial numbers in question). I like the LCP over the LCP II -- it is a tiny bit smaller and the trigger is a bit harder - but, for a pocket carry I like that. As suggested by Titile1guy go with a Sticky holster and get the extended mags.
                    For a while they had an LCP custom. It was a better build, but they stopped production when the LCP II came out.
                    BTW, I'm not a fan of .380 although the round has improved over the years. But, when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt in 100 degree weather it's nice to have the choice.
                    Last edited by Kevfin; 08-14-2018, 11:20 PM.
                    The race is not won to the swift or the strong, but to the one who endures until the end.

                    Safety Rule #1:
                    1) Treat all tweakers like they are loaded

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Ora Serrata
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2015
                      • 1748

                      I have two of them - one for me, one for the Mrs. Great pocket guns, I carry one most days. Not the most accurate thing, but not bad. My Sig P238 is a much nicer gun, but it was twice the price and for pocket carry I prefer the Ruger.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gunmunkee
                        Member
                        • Oct 2017
                        • 135

                        Thanks for all the info! Going to order one today!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1