Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig P229 X-Change Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OmegaTrader
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2014
    • 575

    Sig P229 X-Change Kit

    I plan to purchase this X-change kit .40 S&W and slap it on my 9mm P229 so it can fire both caliber w/o buying a second Sig. The X-change kit doesn't have that load chamber indicator. Is that ok w/ the current law?

  • #2
    theLBC
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2017
    • 7414

    yes, perfectly legal afaik.

    i have bought 2 kits from osage county guns.

    Comment

    • #3
      jimmythebrain
      Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 425

      Don't worry, it is legal to own sig sauers that were made before the LCI became a law. The law/rule only applies for firearm manufactiure's that are submitting pistols for DOJ "safe gun" testing.

      You may want to see if these two uppers use the same locking block.

      Comment

      • #4
        OmegaTrader
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 575

        Thanks

        But mine is a relatively new (bought in 2015) and has that load chamber indicator. That's part of the reason I want to get this kit. On the Sig website, it asks me to punch it my zip code to make sure that I'm buying legal ones. I punched mine in and it's good to go. I just want to make sure that I'm REALLY legal to get it.

        Comment

        • #5
          protohyp
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Sep 2014
          • 3349

          Originally posted by jimmythebrain
          Don't worry, it is legal to own sig sauers that were made before the LCI became a law. The law/rule only applies for firearm manufactiure's that are submitting pistols for DOJ "safe gun" testing.

          You may want to see if these two uppers use the same locking block.
          great point.

          you won't find lockup among all the P229s to be alike. if they're P229 folded slides they typically use a different locking block but locking blocks are cheap and should drop in to ensure fit. or switch to a non P229-1 barrel.
          MESSAGE ME FOR ARMAGLOCK COUPON CODES!!!!
          3 kits at 200.00
          4 kits at 250.00


          MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

          DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp

          Comment

          • #6
            theLBC
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2017
            • 7414

            keep in mind that some places will not ship to california because of the mag capacity limits. sig for example may not sell you one if the mags hold more than 10rds.

            some places, like osage county guns, will replace the regular cap mag with a california compliant mag as ship it to you. you have to call them because it isn't an option to choose on the site.
            they are out of stock on .40 though...

            Comment

            • #7
              Daze
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 644

              GTG

              I have several, never had an issue with any. Many folks purchase them to do away with the LCI, as it bugs a few folks.

              Comment

              • #8
                protohyp
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Sep 2014
                • 3349

                I bought a Legacy Elite slide on eBay for 150.00 with no LCI and was going to sell my LCI slide when I thought why would I sell a perfectly good backup slide?! So I figured why not just cover it up?

                Then again I might just cut it up for an RMR



                I


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                MESSAGE ME FOR ARMAGLOCK COUPON CODES!!!!
                3 kits at 200.00
                4 kits at 250.00


                MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

                DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp

                Comment

                • #9
                  Equitymind
                  Member
                  • Jul 2016
                  • 204

                  LOL 90% of my guns are the off-roster version all purchased via PPT or consignment from the gun store. You're good to go.
                  NRA member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    QXSOUP
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 989

                    Originally posted by protohyp
                    great point.

                    you won't find lockup among all the P229s to be alike. if they're P229 folded slides they typically use a different locking block but locking blocks are cheap and should drop in to ensure fit. or switch to a non P229-1 barrel.
                    The 229 never had a folded slide. The 228 did. The difference between the 229-1 and the normal 229 is the frame. There used to be two different frame sizes, one for 9mm and one for .40/357. The 229-1 has standardized on the .40 frame regardless of caliber.
                    WTB: Sig P245 or P220 Compact

                    STOP THE TUNNELS

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      protohyp
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 3349

                      Originally posted by QXSOUP
                      The 229 never had a folded slide. The 228 did. The difference between the 229-1 and the normal 229 is the frame. There used to be two different frame sizes, one for 9mm and one for .40/357. The 229-1 has standardized on the .40 frame regardless of caliber.


                      Yup. Thanks for clarification. My mistake


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      MESSAGE ME FOR ARMAGLOCK COUPON CODES!!!!
                      3 kits at 200.00
                      4 kits at 250.00


                      MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

                      DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Daze
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 644

                        Curious?

                        Interesting, I did not know that. I also have a Legacy P229/.40 frame with a Elite Caliber Exchange slide. I have a newer P229R/9mm E2 with LCI/MD. Does this mean it was the same frame 229-1 ( Legacy .40 frame,) and would be compatible with my Elite Slide as well?

                        Originally posted by QXSOUP
                        The 229 never had a folded slide. The 228 did. The difference between the 229-1 and the normal 229 is the frame. There used to be two different frame sizes, one for 9mm and one for .40/357. The 229-1 has standardized on the .40 frame regardless of caliber.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          protohyp
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 3349

                          Yeah I thought the locking blocks were different but the frames were the same


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          MESSAGE ME FOR ARMAGLOCK COUPON CODES!!!!
                          3 kits at 200.00
                          4 kits at 250.00


                          MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

                          DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            protohyp
                            Vendor/Retailer
                            • Sep 2014
                            • 3349

                            Originally posted by Daze
                            Interesting, I did not know that. I also have a Legacy P229/.40 frame with a Elite Caliber Exchange slide. I have a newer P229R/9mm E2 with LCI/MD. Does this mean it was the same frame 229-1 ( Legacy .40 frame,) and would be compatible with my Elite Slide as well?
                            MESSAGE ME FOR ARMAGLOCK COUPON CODES!!!!
                            3 kits at 200.00
                            4 kits at 250.00


                            MANTIS BLACKBEARD X AFFILIATE LINK https://mantisx.idevaffiliate.com/id...id=528&url=172

                            DRYFIREMAG AFFILIATE LINK https://www.dryfiremag.com/?ref=Protohyp

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              DEPUTYBILL
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 875

                              I might be wrong, but I thought the Sig web site had a disclaimer that the exchange kits wouldn't fit guns with LCI and mag disconnect.
                              Or maybe that was just the 22 cal. conversion kit?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1