Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

no more XD for Cali??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blackhawk556
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4202

    no more XD for Cali??

    I went to a gun store looking for a XD 9mm and the sales guy said they aren't making them any more because springfield is too busy making the XDM which isn't on the Cali safe list. He said he doesn't expect to see xd's here for a while.
    is this true?
    sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
    "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"
  • #2
    Knight
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 1723

    I've been shopping around for an XD Tactical for the past week or so, and the 2 FFLs I've talked to so far have told me that it might take awhile, but I shouldn't be worried about not getting one.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      CA Gun Laws Suck
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 1289

      I think there just filling orders...There not gonna stop making the xd!!
      "This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem, and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem." -Joe Rogan

      Comment

      • #4
        r08ert209cali
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1534

        more gun shop b/s

        I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.

        Comment

        • #5
          Vin496
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2008
          • 8804

          If you haven't noticed, almost all 9mm guns are in super short supply, it's not just an XD problem.
          I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

          and

          If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

          Comment

          • #6
            The Tech-1
            Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 293

            Originally posted by r08ert209cali
            more gun shop b/s
            truth
            Get $5 for signing up and a 3% rebate on all eBay purchases. Click right here and you are on your way. It works!!! http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=388266

            Comment

            • #7
              nikki#2
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 2164

              You could order one and go though your FFL. $443 is the best price I've see recently:

              Comment

              • #8
                CA_SHARPSHOOTER
                Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 393

                I am in the same boat as you, I have been looking for a new xd tacticool in 9mm for about a month now, good luck on the search I gave up and bought a p226 instead
                "Get in the chopper"_ Arnold Schwarzenegger

                Comment

                • #9
                  epic4444
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 879

                  i doubt that is true...you just gotta wait this crazy wave of gun buying out
                  Take it easy

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cineski
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6205

                    Why do people buy into this stuff? The XD isn't going anywhere. Springfield is backlogged months in production and you can' find (at least in the 2 shops I've been to) ANY Springfield products including 1911's, M1A's and XD's. Even the online shops seem to be in very short supply. Just wait it out, wait for the pricing to come back down to normal. I'd love a G36, but they're $150 more than normal right now.....if you can find them.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Blackhawk556
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4202

                      the sales guy said the old xd's won't be made anymore, he said springfield is only going to produce xdm from now on. he said springfield isn't going to make the old model anymore because the new xdm is selling like hot cakes everywhere else.
                      "why should springfield go back to producing an old model when the new one is selling a lot. I doubt I'll ever see a springfield" <--pretty much how he said it
                      sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
                      "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Vin496
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 8804

                        Originally posted by du9207
                        the sales guy said the old xd's won't be made anymore, he said springfield is only going to produce xdm from now on. he said springfield isn't going to make the old model anymore because the new xdm is selling like hot cakes everywhere else.
                        "why should springfield go back to producing an old model when the new one is selling a lot. I doubt I'll ever see a springfield" <--pretty much how he said it
                        Well he's wrong. Springfield still makes the XD, it has not been discontinued. It's just in short supply.
                        I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                        and

                        If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Blackhawk556
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4202

                          yeah, it was weird that he told me that. I just thought well since he he reads up on this he must know something. that's why i decided to post his here
                          sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
                          "If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            dangerouspower
                            Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 252

                            just checked with Springfield.. and confirmed that they WILL continue the popular XD lineup. Demand is just greater than supply at this time.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              BLC
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1340

                              That dude is crazy. As far as gun prices coming down I wouldnt count on it. They may stop going up but I doubt they will come down, IMO
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1