Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

629 noob too much...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Red9
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2900

    629 noob too much...

    FUN. TOO MUCH FUN.

    LOL bought my first 44. From a caligunner. 629 6.5 barrel. Needless to say it is stout. Shot a box of 240gr 1100 fps. Then a box of 240gr 1400 fps. O dannnggg [emoji2]what a hand cannon.

    Took a bit to settle in. After a few rounds I got decent groups at 50. Decent meaning I hit paper.

    The funny thing is now all the other pistols feel like a 22 mag. Shot my 10 and giggled at the mild recoil.

    So who else loves their hand cannon?

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Never enough reloading stuff
  • #2
    hermosabeach
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2009
    • 19836

    They are a great platform. If you don’t reload, save your brass as you will want to in the future.
    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

    Comment

    • #3
      plumbum
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2010
      • 5394

      You forgot to mention how sexy they are with the 6.5” barrel - PIC!
      Originally posted by ysr_racer
      Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

      Comment

      • #4
        bmk20398
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2017
        • 1047

        My 629 6.5 loves 180 grain for accuracy, please try Remington 180.

        Next you must have 500SW

        Comment

        • #5
          Red9
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 2900

          Yes sir Dillon 550 here. I just dont have any projos yet. Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
          Never enough reloading stuff

          Comment

          • #6
            Red9
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2014
            • 2900

            Ok some porn...

            Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
            Never enough reloading stuff

            Comment

            • #7
              Red9
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 2900

              Originally posted by bmk20398
              My 629 6.5 loves 180 grain for accuracy, please try Remington 180.

              Next you must have 500SW
              Will give them a try. Looking for projos and will grt some 180s as well. O my they must be fast .... [emoji2]

              Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
              Never enough reloading stuff

              Comment

              • #8
                MJB
                CGSSA Associate
                • Sep 2010
                • 5925

                I love mine!

                Bought my first 44 mag at 19. Had one or three ever since....now I'm 52 still love that caliber and it's stopped many heart beats while hunting.
                One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!

                Comment

                • #9
                  Red9
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2014
                  • 2900

                  I'm almost 58. And finally own one. Lol midlife crisis here. Owned quite a few 357s. Got a 10 last year but always wanted that 44. Dang calguns lol. There she was. Hillary hole and all but still a beauty.
                  As for the 460 or 500? I think the 44 is about it . well for now [emoji2]
                  Originally posted by MJB
                  I love mine!

                  Bought my first 44 mag at 19. Had one or three ever since....now I'm 52 still love that caliber and it's stopped many heart beats while hunting.
                  Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
                  Never enough reloading stuff

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    iambic
                    Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 380

                    Originally posted by dkonrai
                    FUN. TOO MUCH FUN.
                    So who else loves their hand cannon?
                    Nice!

                    Shooting some vintage Corbons, among other things, in this morning's coffee break.

                    From the top:
                    Automag III 30 carbine.
                    Colt Python .357
                    S&W 629 7.5" Stealth Hunter dash 6
                    S&W 629 5" Classic dash 4
                    No safe queens in our household.
                    My wife's motto is 'shoot it or sell it'.



                    Be safe, have fun!

                    Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by iambic; 07-23-2018, 11:24 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DT556
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 3671

                      Hand cannons are always fun.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        aceman2224
                        Member
                        • May 2014
                        • 335

                        629 noob too much...

                        My first 44 magnum at 35 years old. Winchester 240 gr. Deer and black bear loads pack a punch out of a 4 inch. I do enjoy the round very much. I know what you mean when you say that everything feels like a 22mag after you fire 44 mag. So true.



                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Red9
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 2900

                          Whoa there are some beauties here. Drooling factor is high on this post [emoji2]

                          Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
                          Never enough reloading stuff

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1