Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Nickel Finishes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MikeinnLA
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 695

    Nickel Finishes

    I've been drooling over a Model 29 with the nickel finish. It's just so beautiful. However, I'm concerned that shooting and cleaning might harm or dull the bright nickel. What has your experience been?

    Thanks, Mike
    Why Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just...walked over your grave.
  • #2
    MikeinnLA
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 695

    Nevermind, I got the answer elsewhere.

    Mike
    Why Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just...walked over your grave.

    Comment

    • #3
      swerv512
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 3076

      where did you find your answer. i was told not to use ammonia based solvents on nickel plating. does your source concer?

      Comment

      • #4
        5hundo
        Banned
        • Jun 2008
        • 2210

        I actually prefer the look of electroless nickel plating. Makes the weapon look stainless and it holds up great...

        Comment

        • #5
          MikeinnLA
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 695

          Originally posted by swerv512
          where did you find your answer. i was told not to use ammonia based solvents on nickel plating. does your source concer?
          Firing Line Forum. Not so much an answer as to which cleaner to use, just that the nickel finish is OK and will last with care (my primary concern). They did warn against Hoppe # 9 and someone said that Breakfree is fine. I'm still following it for more responses.

          Mike
          Why Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just...walked over your grave.

          Comment

          • #6
            tknc99
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 41

            How reliable ate guns with a nickel finish?

            Comment

            • #7
              5hundo
              Banned
              • Jun 2008
              • 2210

              Originally posted by tknc99
              How reliable ate guns with a nickel finish?
              No more (or less) reliable than guns that are parkerized or blued...

              I've heard that it can come off, after a while but the only nickel weapon I've had was a 1911 that was electroless nickel and that never happened to me...

              I loved it...

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1