Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MagTech 115gr FMJ 9mm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Preston-CLB
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2018
    • 4299

    MagTech 115gr FMJ 9mm?

    I will shortly be obtaining a new Glock 17, and have been researching ammo for training/target shooting.

    The reviews I have read give MagTech 115gr FMJ 9mm good marks, but I would like to hear from CalGunners who have used it, especially in a Glock 17.

    Thanks for any thoughts you may have!
    --P
    ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."
  • #2
    teflondog
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 4011

    Your Glock 17 should be fine with any FMJ. Enjoy.
    Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

    Comment

    • #3
      mach
      Member
      • Jan 2018
      • 346

      My G19 G3 did just fine with magtech fmjs
      sigpic
      -sic vis pacem para bellum
      -qui audet adipiscitur

      Comment

      • #4
        'ol shooter
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 4646

        Good ammo, made in Brazil by CBC. I have used it in several calibers.
        sigpic
        Bob B.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

        Comment

        • #5
          omega
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2005
          • 3114

          Mag Tech is an excellent brand, Ive also use Winchester WB 115 gr fmj , Federal 115 gr in the brass case or aluminum case

          9mm NATO 124gr fmj also shoots great in the GLOCK 17

          Comment

          • #6
            plumbum
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 5394

            Burned of plenty of this stuff over the years, works fine for putting holes where you point.
            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

            Comment

            • #7
              mlevans66
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2009
              • 9516

              Is good stuff.
              The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
              The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
              I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

              Comment

              • #8
                BBShot
                Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 136

                Works great. I've bought a bundle over the years and had no hiccups. And through a Glock, forget it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Skip_Dog
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2017
                  • 2656

                  No issues shooting that in my G17 for over 5 years.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    colt11
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 697

                    Magtech ammo works great.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SonofWWIIDI
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 21583

                      I've used it quite a bit in the past and was quite pleased. More so when sale priced.
                      Sorry, not sorry.
                      🎺

                      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ducatiti
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2018
                        • 740

                        Hoping that this along the subject but what is the average pricing of 9mm FMJ's nowadays? I will be acquiring a G17 as well soon.

                        Actually, I was able to buy 500 rounds at 17 cents each plus two free ammo cans yesterday. Local promo at a big brand department store.

                        Now I have over 1200 rounds for a 9mm that I don't own, I will be forced to buy another gun lol.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          boopiejones
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2014
                          • 2044

                          Originally posted by ducatiti
                          Hoping that this along the subject but what is the average pricing of 9mm FMJ's nowadays? I will be acquiring a G17 as well soon.

                          Actually, I was able to buy 500 rounds at 17 cents each plus two free ammo cans yesterday. Local promo at a big brand department store.

                          Now I have over 1200 rounds for a 9mm that I don't own, I will be forced to buy another gun lol.
                          my Benitez goes to 11

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ducatiti
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2018
                            • 740

                            ffl03 and coe is not in my noob vocabulary lol.

                            The 17 cents per round I purchased were Remington UMC that comes in a box of 50. With coupons and all, the total out the door was $87 plus two ammo cases for free.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Preston-CLB
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2018
                              • 4299

                              Boopie,

                              FFL - Federal Firearms License (a dealer)
                              COE Certificate of Eligibility

                              Here is a thread with many acronyms used here:


                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606


                              Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, gents.

                              Research Continues...
                              --P
                              ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1