Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Picked up another 1911 today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • highpower
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2012
    • 5327

    Picked up another 1911 today

    I have been kinda-sorta been looking for one of these since they quit importing them back in '94. Now, I don't need another 1911 (I now have ten), but I have always thought that these Norinco's were an interesting variation and by all accounts are a high quality firearm. This one has been very lightly used and is as tight as is nearly any high end 1911 that I have personally handled.

    Right after I picked it up I went to the range and put a hundred rounds through it to check for function and accuracy. Function was 100% and accuracy was on a par with other stock 1911's in my collection. For $450 it was a no-brainer and I am quite happy with it.

    If you are out and about and happen to run into one of these at a reasonable price, I would highly recommend getting it. For a number of years they were a favorite of gunsmiths that used them to build race guns.





    MLC member.

    Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Dumocraps suck balls.
  • #2
    Powder_Keg
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2013
    • 2203

    $450? You got a damn good deal! Enjoy!

    Comment

    • #3
      Nick Adams
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 1329

      Originally posted by Powder_Keg
      $450? You got a damn good deal! Enjoy!
      I'd buy that gun at that price every day and twice on Sunday.

      Comment

      • #4
        808@515
        Senior Member
        • May 2013
        • 1047

        Great score! Congrats!

        Comment

        • #5
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Nice score! Let’s see how she shoots.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #6
            CinnamonBear723
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2011
            • 1874

            What's ur source and do they have more?

            Comment

            • #7
              highpower
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2012
              • 5327

              Originally posted by CinnamonBear723
              What's ur source and do they have more?
              I just seem to stumble across this stuff. As for getting more, the importation of Norinco firearms was banned in 1994 by Bubba Klinton. They have never been on the Commiefornia roster and are not 50 years old. If you want one, you will have to ferret one out somewhere in the PRC.
              MLC member.

              Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

              Dumocraps suck balls.

              Comment

              • #8
                hambam105
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2013
                • 7083

                Does the Serial Number begin with the letter, 'P'? If it doesn't then does the serial number begin with a letter 'R'?

                If the serial number letter is the letter 'R' then could you take a real real real close look at the letter 'R' and see if it was originally the letter 'P'? Thanks.

                A couple hundred years ago the Late Gunsmith Jim Boland told me a story about Chee-Na made 1911s being filtered thru the Philippines.

                Comment

                • #9
                  highpower
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2012
                  • 5327

                  There is no letter prefix.
                  MLC member.

                  Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

                  Dumocraps suck balls.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Spartan301
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 2048

                    Model Of The 1911A1! LOL!

                    Looks in Great shape!

                    Congrats!
                    Last edited by Spartan301; 03-24-2018, 8:37 AM.
                    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ZombieLivesMatter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 2533

                      $450 I too wouldn't picked that up without hesitation, nice find OP!
                      Originally posted by gwgn02
                      G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        johnnyh75
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 1119

                        sweet 1911 man !!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JohnnyMtn
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 1476

                          "MODEL OF THE 1911A1" is classic. The Chinese have such a way with English.

                          Btw, beautiful pistol.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            200Apples
                            -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2011
                            • 7217

                            Another sweet acquisition, there, highpower!

                            .
                            "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                            NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1