Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CFARS doj ca gov

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dee_Dub
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 2097

    CFARS doj ca gov

    Hey guys, I've done a few intra family transfers in the past. It was paper and was sent via the mail. Now they have this CFARS system. Anyone else us it? There are a few pistols that I want to have registered in my name.
    A man's GOT to know his limitations.
  • #2
    onelonehorseman
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 4888

    Originally posted by Dee_Dub
    Hey guys, I've done a few intra family transfers in the past. It was paper and was sent via the mail. Now they have this CFARS system. Anyone else us it? There are a few pistols that I want to have registered in my name.
    I haven't used it for Intrafamilial transfer yet, but have used CFARS for other applications. It's easy to use. Just create an account.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Gregchico
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Dec 2006
      • 2377

      I was gifted a some guns from my father at Christmas. I completed the form online, uploaded a copy of my CCW and paid the fee on Jan 1. Still shows pending.
      Last time I did it via snail mail and it took 3 months.

      Comment

      • #4
        MrBlazito
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 1005

        Do they even send confirmation if you do it via mail? I gifted a rifle to my father over a year ago and nothing ever came via mail.

        Comment

        • #5
          Gregchico
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Dec 2006
          • 2377

          Originally posted by MrBlazito
          Do they even send confirmation if you do it via mail? I gifted a rifle to my father over a year ago and nothing ever came via mail.
          I have always received a paper confirmation in the mail when I mailed in the forms. Online is new territory for me, but I'm sure I read somewhere that it said a paper copy will be mailed in addition to what the CFARS says.

          Comment

          • #6
            Librarian
            Admin and Poltergeist
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2005
            • 44690

            And, for most purposes, you don't need the confirmation; the OPLAW or CFARS activity document a transfer that has already occurred.

            It's probably a good idea to wait for some kind of confirmation if you plan to sell the gun(s) in the near future, to avoid the order of transfer confusion, e.g.
            Aug 1, A gets gun from B via intrafamilial OPLAW
            Aug 30 C buys gun from B PPT, and the AFS database shows C as the new owner
            Sept 15 DOJ gets around to processing the OPLAW
            ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

            Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1