Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Support Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mstrty
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 2443

    Ammo Support Thread

    Just wondering after looking everywhere for more 45 ACP brass and noticing that CGF gives support to people with the 10 day blues, What help is there for me... I Want My Ammo!!!!! *huff* *sniff*
    ~ ~
  • #2
    Jonathan Doe

    Do the hard search on internet, ask friends, check Walmarts, whatever....Buy, buy, buy...

    Comment

    • #3
      One Shot, One Dropped
      Senior Member
      • May 2008
      • 1134

      And, if you buy by the case, a lot of gun stores have decent deals...
      Originally posted by ViPER395
      Give me a a case of .223 and immunity and i'll solve the gang problem from that News10 weather tower crap.
      -talking about the Sacramento "gang tax" being proposed

      Comment

      • #4
        FieldsofFire
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 1879

        There should be an ammo support group thread for those of us who have ordered online and are waiting for shipping time...

        Waiting for ammo I was intending on using for the HD gun was even more testing of my patience...I guess waiting for fun ammo isn't as bad, but it still stinks. Not to sound like an impatient, bratty child or anything.

        Comment

        • #5
          xxdabroxx
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 3392

          My name is Dave, and i have been waiting for my 45 cal bullets to come for 3 weeks now. I have looked at various stores, and no one has the UMC 250 packs of 230gr 45 cal.
          sigpic
          NRA EPL Member
          Visit my blogBullets in the Wash

          Comment

          • #6
            DDRH
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2008
            • 2756

            Originally posted by xxdabroxx
            My name is Dave, and i have been waiting for my 45 cal bullets to come for 3 weeks now. I have looked at various stores, and no one has the UMC 250 packs of 230gr 45 cal.
            WWB 100 rnd value pack is a better value than the UMC 250 pack IIRC. regardless, can't find both...ahahaha, bummer

            Was at the Walmart in the Bay Area a few days ago, and no 9mm or 45ACP. but they had a bunch of .40SW...so i picked up 500 rnds. CCI blazer brass

            Comment

            • #7
              chickenfried
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 7160

              I knew we were in trouble, when ammoman's prices didn't seem so high...
              Originally posted by victor1echo
              Hollywood is satan!!!!
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                xxdabroxx
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 3392

                Last WM i checked only had .25 AUTO I mean WTF is a 25 AUTO? Really, and i thought 380 was small.
                sigpic
                NRA EPL Member
                Visit my blogBullets in the Wash

                Comment

                • #9
                  socalgunrunner
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 614

                  Man...when I clicked on this thread I was hoping that it wouldn't turn into another Walmart whining fest.

                  It's time to get over it people. There are many other places to buy ammo besides Walmart. What would you do if Wallyworld suddenly decided to stop selling ammo in CA?
                  "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BLC
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 1340

                    Originally posted by socalgunrunner
                    Man...when I clicked on this thread I was hoping that it wouldn't turn into another Walmart whining fest.

                    It's time to get over it people. There are many other places to buy ammo besides Walmart. What would you do if Wallyworld suddenly decided to stop selling ammo in CA?

                    OK, I'll bite, WHERE?

                    I look at least a dozen websites everyday and nobody has anything worth a darn. I need .45ACP.

                    It looks like you live right around the corner so please share with me where you find it.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      socalgunrunner
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 614

                      Originally posted by BLC
                      OK, I'll bite, WHERE?

                      I look at least a dozen websites everyday and nobody has anything worth a darn. I need .45ACP.

                      It looks like you live right around the corner so please share with me where you find it.
                      How much are you looking to purchase?
                      "People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous" - Edmund Burke (1777)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BLC
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1340

                        Originally posted by socalgunrunner
                        How much are you looking to purchase?

                        At this point I am not picky, a couple hundred target and defense rounds. I would really like to get my hands on a couple boxes of winclean or something similar so I can go to Shooters.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          swerv512
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 3076

                          i was looking for some 45acp at the last cow palace gun show, but they were sold out by the afternoon. i need at least 1000rds...maybe even 2000...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gdr_11
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 2571

                            Finding ammo in the current environment is a combination of persistence and luck. In the midst of the current drought, I have consistently found 9mm and .45 ammo online and in the 5-6 stores I check regularly. Being self-employed, I cruise the stores 3-4 times a week (mid-mornings) and check 4-5 websites as often.

                            When I do find it, I seldom buy more than 200-300 rounds so I can leave some for the other guys. Example....this morning I stopped by one of my China Marts...freshly stocked with a case of WWB 100 round boxes of 9mm, but no .45. I bought one box and went on my way.
                            In an emergency, always dial 1911.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              DocSkinner
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 1225

                              500rds - 45 ACP Federal LE Tactical HST 230gr. +P HP Ammo $379.95
                              All of your ammunition needs in one place. Our ammo includes military surplus, Hornady, Winchester as well as many other brands. We offer bulk and cheap priced ammo for your ammunition needs at Ammo To Go.
                              "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature,
                              but by our institutions, great is our sin."
                              -- Charles Darwin

                              NRA Life, CRPA Life, SASS Life, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & Range Safety Officer, FSC Instructor

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1