Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is there anything wrong with Gen2 Glock 23?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Junkie
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 4849

    Is there anything wrong with Gen2 Glock 23?

    I came across one and realized that I very rarely see compact Gen2 🅱locks. Full size aren't everywhere but I see way more of them...

    Is there a good reason to stay away?
    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
  • #2
    DubTap21
    Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 145

    I have a Gen2 G23 that I bought in 1994. It's been rock solid since day one.

    Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      jdg30
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 1095

      I had one before, it was a good gun. I really liked the lack of finger grooves. The only reason I sold it was because the older barrel chambers have less case support than the newer generation barrels. I reload almost exclusively and the Gen 2 spent brass had significant bulges near the base, increasing the chance of brass failure once reloaded. If it wasn't for that issue, I would have never sold the gun. It was perfectly reliable. If you don't reload, there is nothing wrong with the Gen 2. The Gen 3 23 I have now has better case support and doesn't cause the same bulge in the brass.

      Comment

      • #4
        OCEquestrian
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2017
        • 6905

        Nothing as long as you dont pay too much for it....
        "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

        Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

        NRA life member
        SAF life member
        CRPA member

        Comment

        • #5
          BigPimping
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2010
          • 21487

          Buy any Gen2 Glock. All are golden.
          sigpic

          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

          Don't let your history be a mystery

          Comment

          • #6
            solipsism
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 1332

            Case support maybe?

            Comment

            • #7
              hermosabeach
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2009
              • 19836

              I have never seen anyone at the range with a light and light holster on a glock who was not LEO.

              The gen 2 last like all Glocks.


              I saw a sale on gen 2 Leo trade ins today.
              In 45 and 40.


              About $150-200 off of a new one retail.
              Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

              Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

              Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

              Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
              (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

              Comment

              • #8
                DubTap21
                Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 145

                Originally posted by BigPimping
                Buy any Gen2 Glock. All are golden.
                This

                Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #9
                  ap3572001
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 6039

                  I was issued a Gen2 G17 IN 1994. Then issued a Gen3 G17 in late 1990's and it's still on my hip. No problems at all.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Germ1
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2014
                    • 1165

                    Yeah, it's 40cal instead of 9mm. 40cal is a stupid caliber that wears out guns faster, and has more recoil with no benefits.

                    And no, you can't just drop in a 9mm barrel and have both. You need new springs and a new extractor plus a new barrel.
                    Last edited by Germ1; 12-23-2017, 4:22 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DubTap21
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 145

                      Originally posted by Germ1
                      Yeah, it's 40cal instead of 9mm. 40cal is a stupid caliber that wears out guns faster, and has more recoil with no benefits.

                      And no, you can't just drop in a 9mm barrel and have both. You need new springs and a new extractor plus a new barrel.
                      So it begins!!

                      Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Dribear
                        Member
                        • Jul 2017
                        • 387

                        If it happens to be a 3-pin, buy yourself a G32 barrel to shoot some .357sig Can use the same mags.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          'ol shooter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4646

                          Two friends of my son have them. I shot both of their pistols, they are solid guns, but the trigger on both felt vague and mushy compared to my Springer XD-S.
                          sigpic
                          Bob B.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1