Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ 75B vs CZ SP01

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lor
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 351

    CZ 75B vs CZ SP01

    Besides the accessory rail, what are the differences between a CZ 75B/75BD and its more expensive counterpart, the CZ SP01..?
  • #2
    BeFrank
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 594

    SP01 alloy frame vs steel on the 75B

    Comment

    • #3
      BeFrank
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 594

      Originally posted by boo2112
      No. The SP01 has a steel frame. The P01 has an alloy frame.
      Thought it was alloy. I'll double check mine next time I'm home. SP01 tactical.

      Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        Cali_7
        Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 106



        Tok36 does a great job of explaining the differences in the thread above.

        Also, SP-01 is steel frame, P-01 is alloy.

        Comment

        • #5
          BeFrank
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 594

          Boo2112, I stand corrected.

          Comment

          • #6
            1snowridr
            Member
            • Jan 2017
            • 420

            I jailed an SP-01 last week. In the end I choose this one because it felt more balanced in my hands but like others have pointed out it's a nicer pistol overall.

            Comment

            • #7
              Aerodactyl
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2016
              • 95

              You can't go wrong with either one for a range/defensive pistol. The SP-01 ought to be a bit better for competition since that extra weight up front will aid in getting back on target faster.

              It's worth noting that if you prefer a decocker, you will probably end up with the 75 BD or either of the alloy-frame Compacts since the SP-01 Tactical is off-roster.

              Originally posted by 1snowridr
              I jailed an SP-01 last week. In the end I choose this one because it felt more balanced in my hands but like others have pointed out it's a nicer pistol overall.
              Funnily enough, the regular 75B feels more balanced to me since it lacks the full length dust cover, making it less nose-heavy.

              Comment

              • #8
                Bobby Ricigliano
                Mit Gott und Mauser
                CGN Contributor
                • Feb 2011
                • 17439

                Unless you specifically need a light rail, either are a fine choice. I have two SP-01’s and two CZ-85B’s. All work splendidly. The SP-01’s weight and bulk make 9mm recoil almost non-existent. All are very easy to shoot accurately compared to polymer frames guns and all have superior ergonomics.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bobby Ricigliano
                  Mit Gott und Mauser
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 17439

                  All of them have that narrow child sized slide area which takes a bit of getting used to.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    autopro
                    Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 251

                    Originally posted by Aerodactyl
                    You can't go wrong with either one for a range/defensive pistol. The SP-01 ought to be a bit better for competition since that extra weight up front will aid in getting back on target faster.

                    It's worth noting that if you prefer a decocker, you will probably end up with the 75 BD or either of the alloy-frame Compacts since the SP-01 Tactical is off-roster.



                    Funnily enough, the regular 75B feels more balanced to me since it lacks the full length dust cover, making it less nose-heavy.
                    Feels more balanced to me as well that's why I picked the 75B

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Litespeeds
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2015
                      • 3260

                      If you want to keep your gun stock then consider getting a CZ 75B SAO (Single Action Only). If you want to customize the CZ, then definitely get a SP-01 and send it to Cajun Gun Works.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Capt Jack
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1046

                        Originally posted by Litespeeds
                        If you want to keep your gun stock then consider getting a CZ 75B SAO (Single Action Only). If you want to customize the CZ, then definitely get a SP-01 and send it to Cajun Gun Works.
                        Another vote for the CZ 75 SAO model. It has a few nice upgrades from the regular 75b and I think if you were to take one and switch it to a DA/SA trigger you'd have almost the perfect defensive gun. Whatever you get be sure you send it off to Cajun Gun Works!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          H3baton
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • 763

                          I have 75b, sp01, 75bd. My favorite is 75bd.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nitroxdiver
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 6979

                            My 75b has a horrible trigger slap. I have several other Cz's that don't do this. So, I just converted my 75b to a Kadet and keep it as a .22.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Oldmandan
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 2721

                              Originally posted by Litespeeds
                              If you want to keep your gun stock then consider getting a CZ 75B SAO (Single Action Only). If you want to customize the CZ, then definitely get a SP-01 and send it to Cajun Gun Works.
                              +1...
                              "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1