Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Glock RTF anyone seen or held one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • epic4444
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 879

    New Glock RTF anyone seen or held one?

    Im wondering if anyone has seen the new glocks in person or held one...wondering what they feel like and how different they are from the 3gen
    Take it easy
  • #2
    One Shot, One Dropped
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1134

    *SEARCH?*

    And, yes, I have held one. The grip feels nice, but I find the new cocking serrations really ugly.
    Originally posted by ViPER395
    Give me a a case of .223 and immunity and i'll solve the gang problem from that News10 weather tower crap.
    -talking about the Sacramento "gang tax" being proposed

    Comment

    • #3
      rtlltj
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 780

      I've held one and the new textured grip is definately nice. I wish they kept the slide serrations the same as the 3rd Gen though. 3rd generation slide on the new frame would be perfect.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        What Just Happened?
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 2504

        +1 on the grip texture
        -1 on the cocking serrations

        Ammo Bros in Cerritos had them in stock two weeks ago. Haven't been there since then.

        Comment

        • #5
          IMC87
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 1273

          What everyone above me said :P
          sigpic
          NRA MEMBER

          Comment

          • #6
            HCz
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 3295

            Held one, and it had slightly more aggressive checkring/texture for the grip which some would prefer I guess. Just not for me.

            And cocking serration didn't seem like an improvement, more like a step backwards in functionality.

            Comment

            • #7
              SDgarrick
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 1192

              Comment

              • #8
                railroader
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3115

                Comment

                • #9
                  HK Dave
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 5737

                  Wow... those serrations are uuuugly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Zervaman
                    Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 103

                    Eh, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't mind the serrations. Then again, I'd need to physically handle the gun to really get an opinion on them.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jellyb
                      Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 355

                      I like the serrations as well.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        lunde
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 1036

                        I was at the 2009 SHOT Show, and had a chance to fondle and photograph one of them:





                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ojisan
                          Agent 86
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 11781

                          The RTF is not slippery! Yeah!
                          Big improvement!

                          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                          I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            1923mack
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 588

                            So are all Glock models to be like this or only selected models?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              slick_711
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 4400

                              It's an option, they're not doing away with the Gen3 frames.

                              Personally I prefer the RTF2 texture to the Gen3. It fits my hand better (which I don't understand since it's the same size?). The cocking serrations fail though. If I had money to waste I'd get a standard G34 and switch it's slide & parts over to a RTF2 frame. But then, that would be a waste.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1