So my brother in Michigan wants to send me a Glock 17 Gen 5 for Christmas. I explained that he will need to send it to an FFL and then I will need to do the DROS and wait ten days. I also explained the whole 10 round magazine thing. Is this correct?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Present
Collapse
X
-
Brother can't send it to you unless you're roster exempt. If you have a parent, grandparent, or child out of state it would work. -
Nope, can't do it. Brother to brother does not count for intrafamilial transfer.Comment
-
Sorry, Unless you are roster exempt, it is a no go to my understanding. Intra-family, interstate transfers work only up-down and down-up, not side to side. Meaning parent or grandparent to son/daughter/grandchild. Siblings are excluded. I'm sure someone will come along with the actual law with the specific wording soon. How about you ask a parent to buy you the gen 5?Comment
-
ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!Comment
-
-
-
If it's interstate transfer (even if intrafamilial) then under Fed law it must go through FFL here in Cali, and is thus subject to 1 in 30 limit under Cali law. Details are near bottom of first wiki link posted above.sigpicComment
-
-
you can only dros 1 every 30 daysComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,806
Posts: 25,151,791
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 22462 users online. 102 members and 22360 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment